1.    #1  
    Hi,

connecting to the Internet via a dialin connection works great using my Treo 180. But when at home I'd love to use the internet access provided by my home network which is much cheaper

What I would love to have is a way to hook up my Treo to my workstation via usb and surf the net or check emails or whatever using the network connection rather than dial in to my ISP.

thanx for the hints

anderas
    Lemme get this straight. You're sitting at your pc which presumably has at least a 15 inch monitor and you want to surf the net using your treo?

Don't mean to give you a hard time but I've heard this request before and I've never understood it. Why would you want to do that?
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
  3.    #3  
    Haven't thought to look at it. Now it surely seems like an ood question :)

Indeed, I'm sitting at my pc which has a 17 inch monitor and would like to use the provided internet access via usb. And here is why :) after I spend some time on configuring my email account I wondered if there isn't a cheaper way to test net related things.

Surfing and checking emails works like a charm but I don't want to see my next phone bill (being a poor student *snifff* ;) because of the many times I did something wrong and had to stay online longer or had to reconnect. So in order to try out things like telnet or VNC or to refine my surfing skills I'd like to be able to go online via my home network.

Could you point me to the old threads? I tried to search for it but couldn't find anything.

thanx,
    anderas
    Well I searched for "connect internet usb" (without the quotes) and got several hits. I looked at several and didn't see a solution. I didn't look at all of them though.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    I have my Palm connected via Bluetooth to my home LAN. The reason is that I have my computer downstairs and sometimes I want to check a movie info from IMDB or check the TV listings - there you go! Blazer + wireless + cable modem is cool!