1.    #1  
    Well vaporware has struck again. Here it is nearly July 1st on the West Coast and Little Mobile Creations has changed the web page Launcher X but now the product is not "available for a late June" delivery as previously promised.

I put Launcher III on my machine on Jan. 26th expecting a reasonable time launch of this new software...only to be dissappointed today when returning home thinking that since this is the last day of June, it be here.

Come on guys - you better have a reasonable price for someone that has been using the Launcher III for this length of time expecting to be in the new program by now!

Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Not that I'm arguing with your frustration or your disappointment that they missed the end-of-June deadline -- I'm with you.

But some progress seems to be being made -- I don't remember the Beta screenshot section before, and the resolution chart.

In fact, I'm wondering if they're delaying it because they're trying to make sure it's OS5 compatible. (Not a particularly good decision, I think, given the impatience out there.)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  3.    #3  
    They have all of us that registered on their web site that "be notified" of when Launcher X is available. I can understand delays and all but I can't understand waiting for OS5 compatibility when it won't be on a machine for at least 30+ days and more likely 90 days.

Yes the web page did change to reflect some "enhancements" but regardless 5+ months of product annoucement is ridiculous. And if the price that we end up paying for the upgrade is more than $10 then I will really "scream".

It is just very frustrating that after all of the bad press about the various Palm 500's fiasco, Handspring's dying springboards not to mention Handspring initial problems of customer service and all of the other various issues....the web page should reference missing the date and tell us what's happening.

Better yet, send an email to everyone that's registered and tell us what's happening....this is apparently too much to ask.

Whining over!
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  4.    #4  
    I last posted on this issue on July 1st. Here it is July 12th and I still do not have a program that I bought expecting a huge benefit and price break on nearly 6 months ago!

Boycott Little Creations - I say!
    Moose Man
    "Here's a quarter . . ."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the quarter - I'm now starting up a boycott "Little Creations" fund and UniPalmer is the first contributor....any other donaters out there?
    Moose Man
    Here ya go! I'm on a budget.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --NickC--
    Why is the moose man picking on the little guy?

Why do customers feel that companies are obligated to release announced products?

Why when bugged products are released customers complain and when the product is held back to fix bugs they complain?

Originally posted by RSGMOOSE
    I last posted on this issue on July 1st. Here it is July 12th and I still do not have a program that I bought expecting a huge benefit and price break on nearly 6 months ago!

Boycott Little Creations - I say!
  9.    #9  
    Yardie,

I respect your opinions and let me clarify here: I'd much rather have a bug free product and a small wait to get it. However, I'm as much upset over the issue that Little Mobile Creations released a statement in May stating the product would be ready in late June. When the late June did not materialize then if they would have informed those of us that the product was still delayed, either by emailing the registered parties, or via an annoucement on the web page - I'd be content to wait longer.

I bought Launcher III expecting a replacement "''coming soon". I waited patiently for the end of June. That has come and gone and haven't been told a thing. I put Launcher III on my machine on Jan. 26th. Now, I could have gone somewhere else (and still can) but I chose to wait based upon a promise of "coming soon".

There have been several Palm platform models released since Jan. and this could be causing the developer several delays trying to keep up with them. However, none of this is enough to prevent Little Mobile Creations from communicating the issues. They had stated on the web page that the product would be available in late June. Now it does not say anything.

Now since they are unwilling to keep us informed as to the status of the program - why should I be content to sit back and do nothing or say nothing. They can restore some level of confidence just by communication but until they do, why should we support a company or an individual who is unwilling to tell us what is happening, regardless of size?
    Moose Man
    <nomex> I'm with The Moose </nomex>

LMC would do well to start communicating with its (potential) customers (especially those who have "signed up").
    IMHO - universally, most complaints and feelings of ill-will could be eliminated by timely, honest communications; even, and especially, when the news is "bad".

All of this Launcher X stuff reminds me of the time the developers of Doc and BrainForest sold out to Aportis..... (what a shame)
    I hope this doesn't turn out like that - Bozidar has done a lot of great work for us.
    Moose man,

I agree that should at least give another ETA. Still it is possible that they are holding back from goiving another one because they do not want to disappoint their customers/fans anymore.
  12.    #12  
    Dissappointment caused by lack of communication - Is anyone at Little Mobile Creations listening because they sure aren't talking?
    Moose Man
    The delay is due to personal (family) emergencies. He is back on
    track and working hard to deliver LauncherX. Now, be quiet and
    wait like the rest of us. I, too, purchased LauncherIII. Not because
    of a promised discount on LauncherX, but because I liked it better
    than any other launcher out there. I now have a Clie T615C, and
    it is still my launcher of choice. Mainly because it still works after
    a crash and most others don't. There are some great hi-res
    launchers, but none yet that will make me switch from LauncherIII
    (until LauncherX is released).

If you can't wait, go get some other Launcher. MegaLauncher
    has a few more features.
    Launcher III does not stay active for me after a crash on my Visor Pro, it reverts to the standard palm launcher. I already have "Always use Launcher II" checked in the preferences. How do you have it set up to stay active after a crash?
    Originally posted by na2rboy
    Launcher III does not stay active for me after a crash on my Visor Pro, it reverts to the standard palm launcher. I already have "Always use Launcher II" checked in the preferences. How do you have it set up to stay active after a crash?
    I assume "Always use Launcher" option is for tapping on the "home" icon on the graffiti area to return to Launcher after using another app instead of going to the Palm OS launcher.

Try "autoexec", a freeware program. I forgot where I found it, and there isn't any web site given on the help button in this software (doh!). So try searching for a bit. The name of the program is just "autoexec.prc".

Try freewarepalm.com, since its a freeware. I honestly forgot where I found this software.

Basically, it allows you to launch any program you want after a reset, sort of like autoexec.bat on PCs.

I'm using Silverscreen, btw. And autoexec worked with it no problems. If i find the site for it I'll post it here for you.
    Here's the site.

http://pda.tucows.com/palm/preview/220516.html

Btw, Launcher X looks nice, might wanna try it out.
    Great program!
    By stay active, I meant it still worked after launching it. YiShow
    will not read the memory stick until after I disable, then enable
    PiDirect II while in another launcher. Then I can run YiShow again
    and it works.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by RSGMOOSE
    Dissappointment caused by lack of communication - Is anyone at Little Mobile Creations listening because they sure aren't talking?
    I need more money cause now I have to go and get another program? Apparently Customer and Service are not to be used in the same sentence anymore.
    Moose Man