Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Go here to view the slow Treo of mine. I did a hard reset, so there is nothing special on the Treo when I did this test.

Slow Treo !!

Yours is approximately 1.62sec where as mine is about 2.2sec. I guess I shouldn't complain much about it?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Hmm. Smart. Enable system sounds so the tapping makes a beep. I gotta remember that trick.

The delay doesn't seem too bad. I just tried my best to do a virtual "Treo Race" and the victory margin didn't seem too great. I have had generally horrible experiences when I exchange a device because it's "just not perfect". Usually, the replacement was worse--but both were "saleable". If your Treo is working fine in every other way, I probably wouldn't do anything about it.

I remember I had a Palm IIIx, and I thought that it had a little dimple in the screen at the top-center (right up against the edge). I disliked the sort of subtle, tiny "ripple" that it created, "marring" the perfectly flat screen. I exchanged it, making up some BS. The new one had a ripple at the bottom, plus the backlit buzzed as loud as a fly. I was going to exchange that one, too, but I tested out some palms in the store, and notice that they all buzzed to a greater or lesser extent--and many had small dimples, and just realized I'd been too picky earlier and was paying the price.
  3.    #23  
    I emailed Handspring Tech support:

Thank you for contacting Handspring Wireless Support.

We understand that you your phone functions are slow. The "problem" that you
    described in your message is normal for all Treo 270. The Treo 270 does take
    a few seconds to start dialing. Unfortunately, there is no way to speed
    things up.

The Treo 270 is inherently slower.

I can't complain. However, I do hope they can provide a fix for it. I guess the Treo 180 is a little faster in dialing?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12