1.    #1  
    Hi,

After using the HS installer to install access to Cingular, the original splash/start-up/home page/portal screen of Blazer has been replaced by Cingular's portal URL. Does anyone have the URL to the Blazer portal. I did contact HS service, but they do not know the URL (I shalt not comment here).

Thanks!

On my Treo 270 with blazer set to U.S for it's region, the home page is:

http://blazer.handspring.com/blazer/EnglishUS/
    I seem to recall seeing something in the Cingular service agreement to the effect that you "must" use their site as your home page on the Treo, which is probably why it got changed on you, and why customer service wasn't terribly cooperative about the possibility of you changing it back. It's possible it may keep getting reset to Cingular on you. (I hope not!)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks all for responding, greatly appreciated. Cingular is my homepage as before, but at least I have a bookmark to the original Blazer URL.

You can change your homepage to anything you want. Choose the menu button when blazer is on, then choose options then blazer preferences. Set the home page to anything you like - Cingular can't see your setting. Here is a list of sites that are useful on the small screen:

http://www.eco.utexas.edu/~mcafee/treo.html

you can get addresses by viewing source code or just click them and bookmark. Happy browsing!
    You can change your homepage to anything you want. Choose the menu button when blazer is on, then choose options then blazer preferences.
    Actually Cingular brands Blazer as the "Cingular" app and replaces the Blazer icon with a Cingular icon. In Options/Blazer Prefs, they have removed the Home page option.
    Cingular brands Blazer as the "Cingular" app and replaces the Blazer icon with a Cingular icon. In Options/Blazer Prefs, they have removed the Home page option.
    The Bastards!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Isn;t this only the case when you are using MyWirelessWindow? What if you are using Cngular PCS Data and your own ISP?

Originally posted by SoCalVisor

Actually Cingular brands Blazer as the "Cingular" app and replaces the Blazer icon with a Cingular icon. In Options/Blazer Prefs, they have removed the Home page option.
    Here's a possible solution which was just posted to a similar thread:

Once the Treo has been "configured" to use MyWirelessWindow, You'll notice that a "Cingular" icon has now replaced the Blazer icon in the Applications window.

No guarantees, but try simply deleting the Cingular application by going to the "App" menu in the Applications window, selecting Delete, and then deleting the Cingular application.

The Blazer icon should now reappear in the Applications window, and the "My Wireless Window" network connection option should still be available for dialing in (without forcing you to the Wireless Window homepage).

Note that all your bookmarks will be reset/lost. But at least you can now select your own homepage under Blazer's preferences.
    I set Blazer(Cingular) to start with my bookmarks screen. Then, I can choose where to go. I have a bookmark for the original Blazer home page.

Its URL is http://blazer.handspring.com/blazer/EnglishUS/

Later,
    Rob
    Originally posted by tcc
    No guarantees, but try simply deleting the Cingular application by going to the "App" menu in the Applications window, selecting Delete, and then deleting the Cingular application.

The Blazer icon should now reappear in the Applications window, and the "My Wireless Window" network connection option should still be available for dialing in (without forcing you to the Wireless Window homepage).
    So deleting the Cingular application seems to work, but now anybody know what the URL is for the default Cingular mywirelesswindow home page? Browsing to http://mywirelesswindow.com brings up the full regular page, not the cute, compact page designed for a wireless phone. I'd still like to be able to get to it, just not as my home page.
    You might try:

www.infospace.com/device.cnglr/welcome.htm

It works on My Treo!

Later,
    Rob
    Since I have connect the Net via GPRS - I "have to pay" to download the page that I don't want to visit on the first place.

That's another revenue generating from Carrier point of view as my local carrier will charge based on data received and transmited Kbyte.

Originally posted by UniPalmer

The Bastards!