Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Just got my Midnight-Tech cable today ($5.95 on eBay plus $4.00 S&H). Works fine, syncs fine, charges fine--and yes, when I'm not syncing, all the Treo functions work fine (all buttons OK). Seems like the best deal around.
    Is there a button built into Landware's $19.95 cable? I can sorta see an outline of one in the pic on their website, but wanted to make sure before I bought it. I really like this feature--how else would you initiate the hotsync? From the palm, pc or both?

thx!
    ~chris
    For all you electricians out there. Does the difference in the voltage matter? I read that the voltage of these cables/usb hybrids are more than the regular Treo charger. Will this affect the batteries in the long run?
    Originally posted by TreoNine
    Is there a button built into Landware's $19.95 cable? I can sorta see an outline of one in the pic on their website, but wanted to make sure before I bought it. I really like this feature--how else would you initiate the hotsync? From the palm, pc or both?

thx!
    ~chris
    while i can't answer your question about the button on the landware cable... i can say that you would (sans button) initiate the hotsync on the treo. in your applications launcher, select hotsync, and then press the big button with the hotsync symbol.

when i was using a travel cable for my vpl, i did this all the time. i set "s" in switcheroo for hotSync, and it was a very simple process.

as far as i know there is no way to initiate syncing from the pc.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I just got the Landware cable and YES there is a button on it. However, my laptop (HP Pavilion N5474) doesn't seem to like this cable very much. When I plugged it in my laptop decided to freak out (basically shut down and require a disconnected power supply and battery pull to work). Not sure what the deal is but perhaps the power draw is too much for my HP laptop. Hopefully I can get this working because it is a cool little cable. C'ya,
    --Denny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12