View Poll Results: Did the headset patch work?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and nothing else broke.

19 90.48%
  • Yes, but it broke something else.

1 4.76%
  • No

0 0%
  • He!! NO.

1 4.76%
  1.    #1  
    How did the headset patch work?
    The first testing I did was to run through all the hacks I have (switcheroo, Idial) then the OEM programs and then make a call. Repete, repete.

AOK

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
  3.    #3  
    Wow, there are some real hard liners regarding the headset issue but only seven folks voted so far. Is the issue that limited? Still works great for me.
    So far, so good.
    Originally posted by drknucklehead
    Wow, there are some real hard liners regarding the headset issue but only seven folks voted so far. Is the issue that limited? Still works great for me.
    That is good for you but when you shell out $700 dollars for something you would like to be able to have it funtion properly.

It's like if you were to buy a car and then you find out the air conditioner doesn't work, so they tell you to roll the windows down.

Point being It's hot and I would like my airconditioner!

Cheers
    it works!

thank you
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I don't think it worked for me. Now I just can't answer the phone with the headset anymore. I tried removing the patch but it won't let me. If i do a hard reset then the databases with the patch will just be restored and i'll be back where i started. Any help or suggestions?

Al
    Originally posted by alawiscious
    I don't think it worked for me. Now I just can't answer the phone with the headset anymore. I tried removing the patch but it won't let me. If i do a hard reset then the databases with the patch will just be restored and i'll be back where i started. Any help or suggestions?

Al
    Do a soft reset while holding down the scroll up button. This will disable some system stuff. Now you should be able to delete the PhoneHalLib.prc. Be sure to do a normal soft reset after you deleted it.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Hey that worked...but once I took that patch off the headset button still didn't work...then i removed the new beta for Ringo and then the headset picked up....my bad...but thanks for your help!!

a
    Rod,

I just thought I would thank you for posting the patch. I have used the handset all day without a dropped call.

Cheers
    You are all VERY welcome.

I figured that if one person without any pre-established qualifications should get (me) it why not everyone?

Couple of hours ago I received 270 #3... not even going to turn it on, sending it back. I'm not that impressed with the screen, customer service, HS, non-expanability of flash or SD, Cingular GSM coverage and most of all... I just don't trust the thing to hold up.

I don't trust HS to do the right thing if they don't hold up. If someones screen dies like all these others have but four months from now... you know that the same old shuffle will happen...

"that is the first I have heard of this problem... we'll have to charge you $25.00 for shipping..." I have been through SEVEN Treos... I have heard that bunk junk one to many times.

What if it is 9 months and the warranty is up? What if in either of these situations the users had never heard of TC? They would get reamed by HS is my belief. They thought of a fantastik product/form factor but I don't think HS has the resourses to go the distance with players like Sony/Ericson, Motorola, Kyocera, Samsung, Sanyo, Nokia AND all the service providers that have private label stuff made.

I think they are making a heroic last ditch effort to survive and rushed something to market before it was ready. I am tired of being a unpaid/thanked Beta tester and hope to never again hear "that's the price of being an early adopter." Maybe I'll be back but not for the current offerings.

Whew... look at all of that, sorry I better stop. Didn't realize I was rambling I wish all of you the best of luck with the 270, it was my second PDA to the 180. I'm going to try two devices and see how that goes (IPAQ 3970)

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Sorry to see you go. Could you do us one more favor and take Stanward with you?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Sorry to see you go as well. I personally can't imagine going back to 2 devices although you have had a difficult GO of it. I definitely CAN't imagine carrying my OLD brick/Cassiopeia AND a cell phone. Hope you find something you are happy with.
    --Denny
    I'm sorry to answer such a stupide question but...
    ...what is this issue with the headset ???

In fact, i'm from France and i always use my Treo 180 with the headset and i never met any problem.

Is this bug only appened with US Treo ?
    Hacking FreeMax
    <I><a href="http://groups.msn.com/TreoFrance">TreoFrance</a> , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo</i>
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Follow this link for more info. I don't believe that this affects the Treo 180 (only the 270). http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=23946
    --Denny