1.    #1  
    Just thought it would be interesting for people whose Treo hasn't broken to say how long they've had it for!

If nothing else, it'll let those of us waiting for replacements (or replacements for replacements!) to A) Feel jealous B) At least know that we may own a faultless one too one day....
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I hesitate to answer this thread, knowing that I'm probably jinxing myself by doing so. But I've had my 270 for two weeks exactly now, and I've had no problems at all.

Be on the lookout for my "the whole unit disintegrated in my hands" thread first thing tomorrow.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    no comment.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    You guys crack me up...

Not even the headset problem? Although, with the 270 so far, that has been my only problem.

Oops, probably shouldn't have said that

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    but my 270 has been fine since day one. and my 180 has been fine too..even stranger I just got a G4 powerbook today and it's fine too (no dead pixels and the combo drive works!)

bet you friday I will get hit by lightning for sure....

fingers crossed
    Dan
    had the 180 since it came out had one replacement and it has been working fine. I received the 270 one of the first batches and i have no problems at all i dont consider the headset a major deal like i read in the threads. I lift the lid to answer my calls no big deal and i hang up the phone using the headset. you people couldnt wait to get your hands on a treo before they came out everyone was counting the days and now all i see on these threads is venting. i can understand venting about a dead screen but the headset issue is a joke. fred
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    you people couldnt wait to get your hands on a treo before they came out everyone was counting the days
    What is wrong counting the days for a product that is supposed to work the way it is claimed to?

and now all i see on these threads is venting. i can understand venting about a dead screen but the headset issue is a joke.
    It is not a joke at 70 MPH in rush hour traffic and will soon be the law in every state.

I agree with you that the complaining is not the most fun part of these boards but then again it does serve a purpose to warn people of the issues not mentioned when you are clicking on the buy button. If I was a sales rep on the road again I would have to wait or buy something else.

OTOH You are right that the issue is NOT a deal breaker for a lot of people but the way HS is dealing with it is pathetic. It is not even a known issue with 1st tier support!!!

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for you business! We hope you are enjoying your new Treo.

We are not sure if you realize this or not but we have discovered a problem with the way that the headset is working with some of the Treo's. First we would like to apoligize for any trouble this may be causing you and second would like to assure you that we are aware of the problem and are addressing it as we speak to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

(then describe the problem and how to avoid it)

We will be sending you another email as soon as the software patch is finished. Once again thanks for your business and for your patience during this small issue.

Handspring Customer Support."

You send something like this to EVERY PERSON WORKING FOR THE COMPANY so they know what is going on and are all on the same page.

All the sudden there is a LOT less confusion over what is being done and no more reason for whining (except for those that make a life out of it.)

Someone please tell me how this would be so hard to accomplish? I have no experiance in marketing but it sure is easy to figure out they are doing a poor job with the customers that they currently have.

Rod

Are things really that bad with the TREOs? I am very SERIOUSLY considering buying one (180 or 270) in the next few days....BUT all of the comments below scare me.

Also, is the 270 really worth the difference in money from the 180?

Thanks in advance for your insight.
    Let me take a shot at this since I seem to be the major flamer today

Originally posted by harrisekh
    Are things really that bad with the TREOs? I am very SERIOUSLY considering buying one (180 or 270) in the next few days....BUT all of the comments below scare me.
    Don't let them SCARE you, let them PREPARE you... really!

Also, is the 270 really worth the difference in money from the 180?
    Absolutley!! Don't even think of getting the 180, I'm amazed at the difference. The sreen is bright and jumps out on the 270, now when I look at the 180 I find myself squinting a lot.

AND FOR THE RECORD....

I would buy it again... today even. I would just be better prepared for the HS customer service Boogie.

NEVER trust a 1st tier support person and don't expect HS to be the first one to tell you if there is a problem.

Other than that... the TREO rocks! I definitley DO NOT want to be without it.

Rod

JESUS is best!!!

i have had mine for about three weeks and i haven't had any problems at all... of course, i'm whistling through the grave yard saying that, but so far so good...
    I ordered my 270 on 5/28/02 and I have not had one problem with it. I have noticed a few quirks using dialup accounts - but nothing really bad. Now if only Voicestream had better coverage near my home...
    Actually, there is a problem with Voicestream. I can't check my total used minutes when I browse to www.myvoicestream.com from my phone. I get a message:

"We cannot access your phone number. Wait a few minutes and try again, or call Support at 1-800---blah blah blah"

I've called twice, and both times they have told me to "wait a few minutes and try again..."

But other than that, not a single problem with my Treo! Actually, that's more a Voicestream problem than anything else.