1.    #1  
    Is anyone aware of software that can read PDF files on the Visor?
    Adobe has a palm version of Acrobat. Check their site.
    Originally posted by dampeoples

it doesn't play well with mac os x, alas, which rules it out for me. (not that i'm the originator of this thread, i'm just annoyed by it)
    AportisDoc makes a nice desktop program they call Converter. It works very well with PDF files. Sorry; I don't know if there's a Mac version.
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Adobe's Acrobat Reader for PalmOS is a little misleading. It isn't really a PDF viewer. A desktop app simply extracts text from the actual PDF file and converts it into basic text. So you aren't going to get anti-aliased text, or scalable images that true PDF viewers would offer.

Hopefully OS5/ARM hardware will open the door for Adobe to develop a full blown PDF viewer.
    Actually, I haven't had any problems with graphics in PDF files coming across, although they autimatically adjust to fit screen size. Most images are recognizable.

The only issue with Reader for Palm OS is that it does not support the encrypted ebooks which are read in the e-book reader. Although I have it on good authority that the e-book reader is not very far from completion.
    "Whoever said bigger isn't better...Lied!"
    Originally posted by adfleisher
    Actually, I haven't had any problems with graphics in PDF files coming across, although they autimatically adjust to fit screen size. Most images are recognizable.
    I was using and enjoying acrobat reader 2.0 beta, but it seems the beta has expired and won't run. This was frustrating because it caught me while I was trying to read a file on a trip away from home, with the original on my computer hundreds of miles away!

Does anyone know if Acrobat has put out an updated reader that is not expired?
    The 2.0 Reader is up on the Adobe site now. I downloaded it last night and it's no longer BETA.

Go Git Em!!!
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious