Anyone planning to start a similar petiton for Cingular. Their GPRS plan is no better. I don't plan to upgrade because the service price is too high.
    If you take the gprs patch, are you then prohibited from using dial up like we do know?

The patch looks like it will have a couple of tweaks, i would hate to have to passit up if I am then stuck with only using gprs.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    In think that the regular slow poke data connection will still be available with the GPRS patch. The GPRS can be turned off I believe.

Originally posted by Felipe
    If you take the gprs patch, are you then prohibited from using dial up like we do know?

The patch looks like it will have a couple of tweaks, i would hate to have to passit up if I am then stuck with only using gprs.
    Originally posted by yardie
    In think that the regular slow poke data connection will still be available with the GPRS patch. The GPRS can be turned off I believe.

I hope you're right...

With free weekends, I certainly could put up with a slow connection, (you get what you pay for!) and use the GPRS during the week.

Michael
    I totally agree with you, Michael!

Has anyone heard any updates on the beta, or how the GPRS will work?

Regards,
    Adam
    http://blog.smilezone.com/
    I am assuming that the thread starter did not see the news posting on CTIA news last week where CTIA said that T-Mobile planned a $40/mo all you can eat plan for all their GPRS devices. I dont have any details but it might be mentioned more on www.t-mobile.com in their company news.
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    I am assuming that the thread starter did not see the news posting on CTIA news last week where CTIA said that T-Mobile planned a $40/mo all you can eat plan for all their GPRS devices. I dont have any details but it might be mentioned more on www.t-mobile.com in their company news.
    I heard that it was only going to be offered with their Sidekick device.
    They are also offering unlimited MINUTES of usage for $29.95 and up with their "HotSpot" service, which offers Ricochet-like wireless broadband at Starbucks and stuff. But you only get a bucket of a certain number of megs (typically 500)... which sounds like a lot, but boy, it precludes Napster-like stuff

And anyway, that's not for the Treo.

Regards,
    Adam
    http://blog.smilezone.com/