Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is great! So why not add picture ID functionality to TCRinger? I think it is a frill personally but I would have loved to have the option. The user interface of TCRinger is still unmatched by Ringo. Everytime I install the app to test it out, I delete it in frustration. And this is from a so called Power User.

Originally posted by sgruby

Ouch...TC Ringer uses 0 hacks. While I can sort of understand that Ringo needs to use a hack for adding the picture, it definitely does not need to use one for the sound (actually there are other ways to handle the picture that wouldn't require hacks).
  2.    #22  
    Folks - thanks for your patience.

Ringo3b8 is now at http://electricpocket.com/ringo3.zip

This makes some fixes to the groups functionality, so you will need to revisit and re-enter your group information.

Also supports 16-bit/4-bit by default, so no need for extra apps to get that.

As ever - problem reports to iain@electricpocket.com

Thanks,
    Iain
    Originally posted by iainb
    Folks - thanks for your patience.

Ringo3b8 is now at http://electricpocket.com/ringo3.zip

This makes some fixes to the groups functionality, so you will need to revisit and re-enter your group information.

Also supports 16-bit/4-bit by default, so no need for extra apps to get that.

As ever - problem reports to iain@electricpocket.com

Thanks,
    Iain
    Iain,

What about the crashing that many of us were seeing ? Did you attempt a fix for that ?

thanks...
  4.    #24  
    What about the crashing that many of us were seeing ? Did you attempt a fix for that ?
    Oh yes, I'm always trying to fix that - thats why we're still in beta. I'm not releasing this 'for real' until the 'incoming call' crashes are gone for good...
  5. jym
    I also have the same problems:

1) When 2 calls come in from the same person the 2nd time the picture does not display. When I go in and check if the correct picture is associated with the number everything looks fine. If I go ahead and just hit select on what is there then it works the next time the call comes in. I have to do this between every call.

2) My Treo is crashing a lot on incoming calls.

I would like for the following:

1) I would like to do whatever I can to help you debug your software. So what ever I can do to be helpful. I think there several others on the group also willing to help.

2) We would like the crashing to be the priority in new releases. It bothered me a little that the new beta version and your email did not address the crashing. I have not even tried the group functionality. I would like the product first to become stable. I also think this is a concern for others on the group.

I think your software is really, really cool. It is my number 1 app to show off how cool the Treo is. I have been showing Worldmate as number 2. Sitting around the pool and showing someone call my treo from their cell phone and then their picture on the screen gets a big reaction. But when it saids "Fatal Error Reset" this also gets a big reaction .

Thanks,

-Jym-
    Last edited by jym; 07/07/2002 at 01:17 PM.
    Originally posted by jym
    I also have the same problems:

1) When 2 calls come in from the same person the 2nd time the picture does not display. When I go in and check if the correct picture is associated with the number everything looks fine. If I go ahead and just hit select on what is there then it works the next time the call comes in. I have to do this between every call.

2) My Treo is crashing a lot on incoming calls.

I would like for the following:

1) I would like to do whatever I can to hell you debug your software. So what ever I can do to be helpful. I think their several others on the group also willing to help.

2) We would like the crashing to be the priority in new releases. It bothered me a little that the new beta version and your email did not address the crashing. I have not even tried the group functionality. I would like the product first to become stable. I also think this is a concern for others on the group.

I think your software is really, really cool. It is my number 1 app to show off how cool the Treo is. I have been showing Worldmate as number 2. Sitting around the pool and showing someone call my treo from their cell phone and then their picture on the screen gets a big reaction. But when it saids "Fatal Error Reset" this also gets a big reaction.

Thanks,

-Jym-
    I couldn't agree more with all of the points Jym brings up. On my first incoming 3b8 call my 270 locked up. On the second, the picture didn't come up at all (and continues to fail to come up if that particular picture is selected, otheres seem to work sometimes). The 3rd picture worked, but is really, really slow to come up. In all, 3b8 is a step back with regards to overall functionality.

On a positive note, I love the idea of Ringo 3 and I know that iainb wants to get it right too. If it helps, Jym and I (and perhaps others) can help you directly w/debug on a 1-on-1 basis before releasing future betas, and I'm even willing to try to find specific scenarios that cause problems. Like Jym said, there's incredible potential if the bugs just get worked out.

thanks...
    I'm using 3.0b8 and I'm getting only pictures of incoming calls when the program Ringo is opened, so when I'm switching to another app it doesn't show the picture. I have had no crashes (yet)
    I had to start using Ringo 2.0 again. Ringo3 has been showing up in other applications and not going away until I reset. It's weird. Pictures for Photo Caller ID have come up in several different apps when no calls were coming in. Sometimes I couldn't answer the phone because of Ringo trying to show the picture.

Anyway, Ringo 2.0 works great but 3.0 is in beta because it still needs some work on its stability more than features.

b5 seemed better than b6 or b8. I think supporting the different depth or larger pictures may have caused some problems.

I like the idea though. But since I've already registered v2.0 I'll just have to spread the news when v3.0 is ready.

Thanks,
    Rob
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12