1.    #1  
    All of a sudden I just started getting this problem.

When someone calls my phone, I get a popup on the screen that reads:

FatalAlert
    DataMgr.c, Line:8589, Index out of range
    RESET

Neat! I have done a soft boot and it still happens. Anyone else get this?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I've seen that error with many different things. I used to see it with Treo Mail, but that was fixed. I also still see it sometime after a HotSync. The resolution is to do a Hard Reset and then sync everything back.

Joe
    i'm in southern california and have cingular and just recently (about 2-3 weeks ago), i've been having the same problem. the thing that sucks the most is that when it does happen, there's no way of knowing without checking the phone. i've missed so many calls because of this problem. it's starting to REALLY annoy me. and i guess i feel a little better knowing someone else is having the same problem.

i will try the hard reset (which is a little scary without a backup module -- i'm old school) and let you know if this problem persists. please let me know if you've been successful with this, aslo.

thanks.
  4.    #4  
    It seems that changing the built in Address Book to DateBook 5 was the issue. The values in DateBook 5's database don't jive with the 270's call handling.

I deleted the DateBook 5 app and database, resynch'd and all is good again.

So now the question is, am I stuck with this crappy stock Address Book?
  5. ESH
    Hmmm. I have had my 270 for almost two weeks and been using Datebook5+ since day one without any apparent problem. Do you have a hack or something else that might be causing a conflict? I also used 5+ with my VisorPhone/Prism with no problem. My provider is Voicestream, since you are on Cingular I wonder if this may be a service issue?

Eric
  6.    #6  
    Actually, I am on Voicestream AND no hacks. The problem came up after I exported from Outlook to PalmDesktop and then sync'd my contacts to the 270.

The out of range error that I got was most likely from a field that Palm Desktop could handle but Datebook 5 could not. It was most likely a phone field issue as the 270 phone app checks the DB for caller ID name info while processing the call.

This bring the issue back full circle that had I called HS, they would have told me it was a 3rd party issue after walking me through a hard reset.

Originally posted by ESH
    Hmmm. I have had my 270 for almost two weeks and been using Datebook5+ since day one without any apparent problem. Do you have a hack or something else that might be causing a conflict? I also used 5+ with my VisorPhone/Prism with no problem. My provider is Voicestream, since you are on Cingular I wonder if this may be a service issue?

Eric
  7. ESH
    Then that explains it, I think. I don't use Palm Desktop, just Chapura Pocket Mirror. Could it be that Pocket Mirror is more compatible with Datebook 5?

Eric
    hmm...interesting. i don't have datebook5 and have always used the stock datebook+ and i've been having this problem on and off. from what i could notice, it seems to happen only from one particular caller. i say "seems" because whenever it happens, i only find out about it hours later when i check my phone.

maybe the hard reset is the only answer....