New phones will be out soon

the Kyocera looks really neat .. and u wont believe it if I told you that it sports 16megs, SD slot and mp3 playback.. ! ... wonder why HS didnt think of that .. this thing is even smaller than the treo .. looks more like an 'ordinary' phone

though treo's screen and inbuilt keyboard would have the advantage for some .. but still the Kyocera 7135 has its appeal

but this not GSM .. (its CDMA digital PCS,CDMA digital cellular and analog) .. but there is a Samsung version also .. but I dont know its specs .. amd also Samsung has another palm based phone

here are the links
    Kyocera:
    http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/show..._soon_7135.htm
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=3718
    Samsung:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=3711
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=3706
    Soon. Yea, right.

Do you wonder why Kyocera and Samsung hadn't come out with those products 6 months ago? I'm sure they Handshpring had thought of those things, but that's the sacrifice in being first to market.
    And the price for these phones?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It's nice to have choices (well eventually at least ). It will be interesting to see how these two phones evolve as they get closer to market release time - although I hear they're not due out until Q4 of this year (probably for Xmas).

Kupe
    Do you wonder why Kyocera and Samsung hadn't come out with those products 6 months ago? I'm sure they Handshpring had thought of those things, but that's the sacrifice in being first to market.
    My experience of working with companies in that part of the world is that often they will develop the product and let it sit while they continue selling their existing products. Its only when someone exeternal changes the equation that they take it down off the shelf ready to go.

I doubt either could have developed their phone PDAs in the time since Treo was launched but now they've had time to evaluate market interest they can plug right in and go with their off the shelf product. The only delay is getting the production line running.

Just my $0.02
    Are these phones GSM compatible?
    I think cdma's have a smaller user base. So I was surprise kyocera n samsung chose cdma. but I'm not sure.
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Japorms
    Are these phones GSM compatible?
    I think cdma's have a smaller user base. So I was surprise kyocera n samsung chose cdma. but I'm not sure.
    They're CDMA only. CDMA is only in North America... and Asia? (I can't be sure.)

Kyocera bought the hardware line from Qualcomm, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$'$s$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $phones$ $they$ $make$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $remember$ $seeing$ $a$ $non$-$CDMA$ $phone$ $from$ $Samsung$, $either$. $So$ $it$'$s$ $hard$ $to$ $say$ $if$ $there$'$ll$ $be$ $much$ $of$ $a$ $market$ $for$ $these$ $phones$ $outside$ $of$ $the$ $US$, $Canada$, $maybe$ $Asia$ ($if$ $CDMA$ $is$ $there$ $too$).
    Originally posted by Q

They're CDMA only. CDMA is only in North America... and Asia? (I can't be sure.)

Kyocera bought the hardware line from Qualcomm, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$'$s$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $phones$ $they$ $make$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $remember$ $seeing$ $a$ $non$-$CDMA$ $phone$ $from$ $Samsung$, $either$. $So$ $it$'$s$ $hard$ $to$ $say$ $if$ $there$'$ll$ $be$ $much$ $of$ $a$ $market$ $for$ $these$ $phones$ $outside$ $of$ $the$ $US$, $Canada$, $maybe$ $Asia$ ($if$ $CDMA$ $is$ $there$ $too$).
    Samsung in the UK currently have approx 8 GSM mobiles in production - all of them less than 12 months old. It's a shame they can't go that bit further to make this phone GSM too.