1.    #1  
    I have now been using the Case Techworks case for Treo for three days. I am not a holster guy, not a belt clip guy but felt the need for a case to protect my investment. Because the Treo does not have the side grips found on Visors and most other PDAs I found it a little slippery, particulary when fishing it out of a pocket. I also was concerned about the way it bounced around in a golf cart on rough terrain. None of the slipper or pouch style cases made much sense to me. Why have to go to the added steps of taking it out of something to then have the ease of use of a flip phone.

The Case Techworks is clearly the answer. It adds very little bulk to the Treo, is well designed so that all functions are accessible. It does provide better traction when being pulled from a pocket or grabbed from a desk or car seat. It also looks good. For those of you who like their Treo on their belt the convertable model looks like it does the trick.

Somebody may top it at some point but for now and for $24.99 I think this is an excellent buy. I have no ties to nor interest in Case Techworks.
    Any links and/or pics ?
    "Increase The Peace"
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Love mine also (Case Techworks). Been using the belt clip version for a day (yes ONE whole day) and it is exactly what I was looking for. Highly recommended and they SHIPPED fast (got here at the same time as my Treo 270). Here is their URL... http://www.casetechworks.com/
    --Denny
    Originally posted by Ninja
    Any links and/or pics ?
    Here are pictures of my 270 in a Case Techworks case:

Front

open

back

I like the case, as it doesn't add bulk to the unit, and it appears to be well made.
    This is what the EB case should of been, but for now I will stick with the Handspring case.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i have been using this case since it came out with my 180 i really like the case only problem i had with it was the belt clip it . it does not lock and the case can spin around. to correct this i took a piece of velcro on the back of the case and the clip and it holds the treo firm. fred
    Originally posted by eric-heckman
    None of the slipper or pouch style cases made much sense to me. Why have to go to the added steps of taking it out of something to then have the ease of use of a flip phone.
    It's funny how peoples views can so so diffferent - my personal thoughts are why buy such a cool looking device only to enshroud it in a bulky and not-so-cool-looking flip case?! I much prefer it being kept in the Handspring pouch or clip-case and have to take it out to use !!

Still life wouldn't be fun without differing opinions! (Although I draw the line at the poster on Treomb.com who chopped of the flip altogether because he thought the form factor was too big with the flip - he can only use the handsfree now!!! !!)
    Ok, the techworks case does look good at first but after about a months use the leather goes dry and funny looking but as far as functionality it is the best on the market at the moment.

I just upgraded from the 180 to the 270 and Im sorry but the case is not going over my new silver matrix looking phone. Its all about the design!
    I guess I must be in the minority with regards to the Case techworks treo flip case, this is about the third thread that I've run across regarding this case here on treocentral. I recently purchased one for my treo 270 and really dislike it. First the stud to which the belt clip attaches is mounted too low on the body of the case causing the case to flip over constantly. Secondly the belt clip itself is probably the worst clip I have ever used. it's sloppy, way too loose causing the case to spin like a "propeller" especially on the run. I've never seen anything like it. I do like the fit and finish of the case but it has way to many problems for me to recommend it.

My Quick Review:
    Pros:
    1) Soft Leather
    2) Convertible Case
    3) fit and finish of case is good
    4) The flip lid can be opened without removing it from case

Cons:
    1) Hangs awkwardly, because stud is too low on case
    2) "C-H-E-A-P" belt clip
    3) Must be removed from case to sync with docking cradle
    4) Spins like a "propeller"
    5) Offers little or no protection to treo if dropped

Using the Duro clip from this company: http://www.theclip.com/mall/swivclip.asp that is on my Ipaq vaja case helps some with the flipping problem but it still feels awkward due to how low the stud is mounted. I will be RMA'ing this one.

For now I'm back to using the handspring holster case which works very well but offers little or no protection to the treo, at least till someone comes up with a case that does more than look good. I need a case where I can remove the treo for use with one hand quickly while still offering maximum protection to the unit if accidently dropped.

Perhaps Vaja will design a treo case, I very much like the looks, functionality and protection it affords my Ipaq.

Anyone else have any suggestions for Treo cases?
    Originally posted by heymanng
    I guess I must be in the minority with regards to the Case I do like the fit and finish of the case but it has way to many problems for me to recommend it.

My Quick Review:

Cons:
    1) Hangs awkwardly, because stud is too low on case
    2) "C-H-E-A-P" belt clip
    3) Must be removed from case to sync with docking cradle
    4) Spins like a "propeller"
    5) Offers little or no protection to treo if dropped

Using the Duro clip from this company: http://www.theclip.com/mall/swivclip.asp that is on my Ipaq vaja case helps some with the flipping problem but it still feels awkward due to how low the stud is mounted. I will be RMA'ing this one.

Good lord, unreal! What do you people want for $29.95?

1) Maybe it hangs awkwardly because of a body abnormality?
    2) Are ya wearing a 4 inch wide belt?
    3) DOCKING CRADLE = VANITY TO LOOK HOT ON YOUR DESK
    4) I'll give you this one but I like that it allows you to pump in to fixed objects and it can freely move to stay out of harms way.
    5) Offers 100 times the safety than without it, especially on "corner drop" instances where most backlit-lcd screens go night-night. Drop your unprotected Treo from 3 feet 5 times and then I'll do the same with the Case Tech case and I'll bet my unit will be happy as could be while your are on hold with RMA.

OR EVEN BETTER, get Autocad and make one yourself.

I just had to take a shot at this one. I am so glad I don't have to work in a retail joint like CompUSA or equiv to hear some of the BS that walks in.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I like and use this case but also don't like the location of the stud. It makes it difficult to clip it in on the run and because of this I have dropped my Treo a couple of times because it didn't actually slide in.

I have no complaints about the case itself OR the belt clip. The case IS excellent protection and IMHO the best design out there right now. If they moved the clip up a little higher it would be perfect.

ONE suggestion would be to have a way to ANCHOR the flip case down if you want (perhaps a tiny velcro flap). I have had it open a couple of times accidently and my Treo was spinning around open which is not a good thing (thank God for the G2 screen protector). This also happened ONCE when I dropped it. Then again this is probably a problem with a naked Treo as well although an optional flag would be nice.

BTW, parts of the previous message seemed a little unnecessary. No reason to start a flame war as I think the guy returning it nicely laid out his reasons even if I don't agree with them entirely.
    --Denny
    Originally posted by thegman

Good lord, unreal! What do you people want for $29.95?

1) Maybe it hangs awkwardly because of a body abnormality?
    2) Are ya wearing a 4 inch wide belt?
    3) DOCKING CRADLE = VANITY TO LOOK HOT ON YOUR DESK
    4) I'll give you this one but I like that it allows you to pump in to fixed objects and it can freely move to stay out of harms way.
    5) Offers 100 times the safety than without it, especially on "corner drop" instances where most backlit-lcd screens go night-night. Drop your unprotected Treo from 3 feet 5 times and then I'll do the same with the Case Tech case and I'll bet my unit will be happy as could be while your are on hold with RMA.

OR EVEN BETTER, get Autocad and make one yourself.

I just had to take a shot at this one. I am so glad I don't have to work in a retail joint like CompUSA or equiv to hear some of the BS that walks in.
    For "my" $29.95 I want a case that is free of the problems I listed in my previous post.

Personal attacks aside.........users needs differ and for "me" the Case Techworks case is a poor choice. I recently found out that cases designed for the Motorola Startac flip phone work well with the Treo. Several other users on this forum have recommended the Brookstone case http://www.brookstone.com/shop/produ...star+tac+case# . It looks like a very nice leather case for 1/2 the price of the case techworks case, it retail for only $12.50.

I ordered one last night and although I can't recommend it yet since I haven't received it.

With regard to the docking cradle, I think Handspring made a poor choice in not including it with a treo, when I'm at my desk, I like using a program like dockware and I don't want to have to keep flipping the treo up to look at its screen.

Your attitude that everyones opinnion that is different than yours is BS will get you far. I'm sure CompUSA clerks everywhere are smiling!
    Alrighty boys and girls, time for me to weigh in on the case with an opinion probably no one cares about. But I'll say it anyway.

I own a CaseTechWorks case. When I got it I was like "Wow, this is the coolest thing in the world!" As more time went by I got annoyed by how far out the Treo was from my body. The straw that broke the treo's back, so to speak, was when the clip started to dig into my waist. I don't tuck in my shirt so it would rub against my skin whenever I sat down. Man did that stink!

Anyway, to make a long (boring) story short (and boring), the Treo is so darn tiny I just drop it in my pocket and don't think about it again.

All in all, the CaseTechWorks is a great product, though I think I'm a great example of "to each his own."