1.    #1  
    Man on Man.
    After spending a few days of properly tweaking my Treo it died yesterday. I was driving back home yesterday and was having more and more trouble seeing the screen on a sunny day. When I got back home I let it sit hoping that it would return to normal. Soft reset...hard reset...nada.

Waiting a few days for the replacement to come (2 Treo 180's and now this is my second 270). Oh the woes of being an early adopter.

Argh!! I didn't think it could happen to me, but alas, no less than 20 minutes ago, my screen backlight went kaput. The whole unit functions fine, the light just doesn't turn on. I can see what people are meaning that the screen looks better in the sun with the backlight out completely, not sure if a hack can be made to do that. Well I am now Treo-less until a replacement comes.
    Originally posted by dleclair
    Argh!! I didn't think it could happen to me, but alas, no less than 20 minutes ago, my screen backlight went kaput. The whole unit functions fine, the light just doesn't turn on. I can see what people are meaning that the screen looks better in the sun with the backlight out completely, not sure if a hack can be made to do that. Well I am now Treo-less until a replacement comes.
    DITTO

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Originally posted by Veloslave

DITTO

Rod
    Didn't know Customer Service was 24 hours until I read your post, got an RMA set up -- I can't believe they charge for the Advanced Replacement option. I explained I've only had the unit for 2 weeks and finally he caved in and offered it for free (as they should).

Oh by the way, I spoke with Kemal too! He was very knowledgable and friendly (he said he wasn't too used to people calling so late). Didn't know their customer service center was based in --- TORONTO, CANADA!
    Last edited by dleclair; 06/30/2002 at 03:32 AM.
    6 Days after receiving my Treo 270, the screen went black too. Ordered replacement on 6/26/02...hopefully it will come tomorrow.
  6.    #6  
    So I spoke with them last Thursday (6/20) and still haven't received my replacement. When I called on Friday (6/28) it hadn't even been shipped out yet!! Any suggestions from anyone, clearly I'm going to write a serious letter to Sr. Mgmt on this one. Brutal experience as this is my second RA.

Al
    I ordered my replacement two weeks ago. When I spoke to HS on Wednesday they said at least another week and a half. That'll make it 3 weeks for a full replacement to turn up!

Needless to say I am not happy - I will have owned a 270 for nearly 4 weeks but it will have only been actually working for 4 days of that 4 weeks!

If this replacement fails (& I really hope it doesn't), I will easily be out of the 30day period, yet will only have about 4+ days of working service. If they refuse a full replacement after this period, I'll be extremely annoyed.

Still, I'm being negative. Must keep repeating: "My replacement will last forever...My replacement will last forever...My replacement will last forever..."

After two weeks of loving my 270 it has finally succumbed to the dreaded 'black screen disease'.

Michael
    There sure are a lot of us "whiners" that cannot see our screens...

I would feel a little better while waiting on the replacement if one of the NY users would sing us a little Franky

"Ah That's Life!"

Sorry, it's Sunday, church is over and I have too much time on my hands

Rod

Sorry, but us New Yorkers are too busy playing with Blazer, now that VoiceStream finally got its act together.

As for me, I'm busy dusting off my VisorPhone and Visor dlx and trying to figure out how to squeeze 12 meg of data into a Deluxe while I wait for my 270 replacement (E Pluribus Unum?).

And besides, Frankie is a little before my time. Would you settle for some Pink Floyd???

Michael
    Originally posted by mfacelle
    And besides, Frankie is a little before my time. Would you settle for some Pink Floyd???

Michael
    How about "small furry animals huddled together in a cave"

Rod

PS Boy, does that go back!

How about "small furry animals huddled together in a cave"
    And who's going to be Pict?

Sorry couldn't resist

Tony
    Just starting to love my 270, and kaput! The screen went black after 6 days. Could this be some kind of virus?
    If You're scared, say your scared.......
    newbie poster here, (aka lurker)
    yep it happened to me! luckily the whole process of getting the replacement unit was pain free for me.

guy was cool. rec'd mine within a couple of days.

so far so good!

jj