1.    #1  
    Hi,

Anybody using cingular wireless with the 270?,

I haven't been able to connect to the wireless services since I got my unit, I set up my wireless window to work fine but when I enter the log in and password in my network settings and try to connect, the connection just times out.

I called cingular and I was told that it was a problem on the cingular network and that it would take 2 days to fix.

I was just wondering if anybody else was having this problem, since it seems like everytime I call, they either tell me that the network is down or they just don't know the answer.
    I haven't received my Treo yet. Anyday now??? I hope. I use Cingular in Southern California, so I'll keep you posted.

Jon
    Originally posted by Josh271
    Hi,

Anybody using cingular wireless with the 270?,

I haven't been able to connect to the wireless services since I got my unit, I set up my wireless window to work fine but when I enter the log in and password in my network settings and try to connect, the connection just times out.

I use Cingular in Northern California. Used the Wizard on the CD to setup. Worked the first time, no problems, no issues.
    I have had my T270 for about a week and a half in SoCal with Cingular. No problems what so ever with "my wireless window" service, it has been working like a charm so far. I was last on line late thursday evening ( burning my free nights and week end minutes!)

Greg
    Run the wizard again. Don't enter anything in the network settings for user name or password.

These are my settings:

Service: My Wireless Window
    User Name: BLANK
    Password: -Prompt-
    Connection: Wireless Modem
    Phone: Wireless

The wizard set all of these settings on my Treo and it works flawlessly. It's a lot faster than dialing my isp too!
  6.    #6  
    rmcalister,

It worked using those settings, how weird

Now I just have to set up a good list of wap friendly sites so I can start to burn minutes.

Thank you very much
    I haven't received my Treo yet. Anyday now??? I hope. I use Cingular in Southern California, so I'll keep you posted.
    Hey Neighbor!

I received my 270 on the 19th as an exchange for the 180 I bought 5 days before the 270 was officially released (back when HS was saying the 270 wouldn't be available until later this year).

Anyway, since Cingular is also the ISP, you don't have a username or password. The username and password for "My Wireless Window" is just a website login to use the mywirelesswindow (infospace.com) portal.