1.    #1  
    Is anybody in Hawaii specifically Honolulu able to connect to their ISP or the VoiceStream ISDN number ? The very first day I got my 270 I was able to and now it has been a week that I am unable to. Multiple phone calls to HS & VS leaves the blame with VS and they say they are working to fix it but have no idea when it will be fixed. This is extremly frustrating and defeats the whole purpose of purchasing the device. I'm really having a hard time deciding wheter I should hold out for the GPRS patch or if they are unable to fix the CSD problem return the 270 before the 30 day return policy expires. Hawaii users please let me know what your experiences are. TIA
    "Increase The Peace"
    Originally posted by Ninja
    Is anybody in Hawaii specifically Honolulu able to connect to their ISP or the VoiceStream ISDN number ? The very first day I got my 270 I was able to and now it has been a week that I am unable to. Multiple phone calls to HS & VS leaves the blame with VS and they say they are working to fix it but have no idea when it will be fixed. This is extremly frustrating and defeats the whole purpose of purchasing the device. I'm really having a hard time deciding wheter I should hold out for the GPRS patch or if they are unable to fix the CSD problem return the 270 before the 30 day return policy expires. Hawaii users please let me know what your experiences are. TIA
    I'm in Honolulu as well and can't connect to my ISP. This problem happened earlier this year.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I have has the phone for about a week now. I am trying to use Roadrunner as my ISP with no luck. I called RR they said that RR won't work with the Treo 270 as it is not Windows (they wouldn't help me either). Called Handspring they sent me the scripts......didn't work either. Even called voicestream and had them reset my data connection. I have spent way too many hours on this If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Dave
    I can't get my Treo 270 to dial into my own home phone number, to test it out.

Wireless service needs to be activated???? I thought we don't need that, as I have been using wireless service (to my own ISP) without data services on my old VisorPhone.

Stan
    I just spoke to an ***** at Voicestream. He is not aware of any problems in Hawaii with our data services.

I put in my home phone, or my work phone(depending where I'm at), just to see if my Treo 270 can call out or not. My Treo 270 gives this error:

Error: Network busy,
    wrong dial-in number,
    or data services
    not enabled. (0x1102)

My phone here at work does not ring, so I know it's Voicestream's problem, not Handspring. Seems like Voicestream's system is not working right.

Anyone else spoke to a Voicestream rep?

Voicestream forwarded me to a Handspring rep. The Voicestream guy was such an *****. Anyhow, the Handspring rep was nice, and walked me through several steps in setting up initialization strings, etc. But still, can't get the wireless side to dial into any number.

Stan
    Last edited by Stanward; 06/24/2002 at 07:52 PM.
    This is what VoiceStream had to say when I asked about the data outage and when it would be fixed:

-----
    Unfortunately this data issue has been going on for a couple of weeks and there is not an estimated time for a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience.
    Diona
    Web Correspondence
    Technical Services
    VoiceStream T-Mobile
    -----
    This response is very sad. I guess that Hawaii is not that important to VoiceStream. I bet it would have been fixed if it was New York or another major VoiceStream market.

Originally posted by I_Mua_Tech
    This is what VoiceStream had to say when I asked about the data outage and when it would be fixed:

-----
    Unfortunately this data issue has been going on for a couple of weeks and there is not an estimated time for a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience.
    Diona
    Web Correspondence
    Technical Services
    VoiceStream T-Mobile
    -----
  8.    #8  
    Finally for the first time since the 14th I am able to dial in to my ISP. That was a very very long ten days. I hope it continues to work and is not just a one day thing.
    "Increase The Peace"