1.    #1  
    I'm awaiting the arrival of my new 270. I have backed up my 180. Will I be able to do a synchronization with the 180 setting? I will be naming the 270 the same name as my 180 for software serial number issues. Has anyone done this, or will I need to reinstall from the new CD that I'll be receiving with the 270?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo 270 today and I just sync. with the same setup same user etc. so now I have exactly the same in the 270 as I had in the 180 including 3rd party programs etc.
    Regards
    Same here-- worked like a charm. Well, almost. Whenever I had to do a total restore from backup (and similarly, this 180 -> 270 sync being discussed), Tome Raider gets messed up and causes a crash. So I just download it again from PalmGear, install, register, and all is well again.
    I use BackupBuddy and everything copied over without a problem - from my visor to the 180 to the 270.

Michael
    Originally posted by Lisantica
    I'm awaiting the arrival of my new 270. I have backed up my 180. Will I be able to do a synchronization with the 180 setting? I will be naming the 270 the same name as my 180 for software serial number issues. Has anyone done this, or will I need to reinstall from the new CD that I'll be receiving with the 270?
    I've been using my new Treo 270 for about two weeks. I synched it to the username for my Treo 180g and it came off without a hitch.
    I had several replacement 180s, and never had a problem transferring the data at work (Windows NT/serial connection - Outlook synch). However, when I tried to synch my 270 the first time, it was a disaster, and no amount of time spent with tech support or synching would do the trick. I got home tonight and hot synched from my home computer via USB cable, and it was a breeze. Whew. Just a tip in case anyone runs across the same problem....
  7.    #7  
    received 270 (on it now) ordered on 6/17 received 6/20...synched with 180 setting and all is great...love the screen and backlit keypad!