1.    #1  
    So I went by CompUsa and bought the Jabra winder for Nokia. I used to use a Jabra 2.5mm, but did nothing for the Treo. The one for Nokia has worked for me everytime, to answer calls, and hang up when the button is pushed. The Jabra stays in your ear better than any other I've found, and now it works for the 270 so far!

It was the Treo headset that was a poc.

happy days, just hope the screen keeps working
    So, if you're not into the boom and the winder, is the male end of the Jabra EarBud the same as the winder. What's you best guess about substituting the bud for the boom?
  3.    #3  
    I believe any headset with the 3 black bands on the connector will work. I tried the normal jabra earboom, and liked it so much I shelled out the 30 bucks for the winder. With the winder, you get the answer, disconnect button. I dont remember having this on the basic Jabra, and if there is no button, how do you answer while the Treo is in your pocket and your riding around town on your bike?3 black bands on the connector
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    ... all part of my evil plan to avoid hanging up on my friends... But the boom kinda has that "Can I take your order..." sort of feel to me... I'll try it out before I get too judgemental though... that's only fair. Thanks Christo...
    They have it here:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shopping...mwinder25.html

for $15.71 not including shipping.

I've ordered from them before and they ship quick (I live in California and i think they ship from Arizona).
    i have been using the jabra headset with my 180 with no problem i picked up the winder type when i received my 270 and it has been working fine also. comp usa had them on sale for 9.99. must get the one for the nokia 3300 series phones they have 3 black bars.
  7.    #7  
    I learned the hard way the first time, you lose the one gel you like and your stuck. I ordered extra medium set from Jabra for 6 bucks I think, and got several extra (lost it from banging it around too much) in the size I like. It's worth it, cause once you start on Jabra it's hard to go back (sorta like a color Palm, or digital tv signal). The piece of crap HS sent us might as well go right in the trash. Still have had no disconnects with the Jabra 3 bander. I remember seeing a Jabra model with no boom, just a mike built into the wire. But without the handy winder, you have the long cord always getting in your way. Worth it for me, cause now my Treo is a working piece of art, not just a technogeektoy.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I too have had zero calls dropped due to headset-related problems using the Jabra Earboom Winder. T270 & headset button work together as Handspring advertises!

Great price with the link you provided, dleclair! I regret having paid more.

To prevent damage to the headset -- including loss of eargels -- I carry it in a hinged hard eyeglass case. Found one that's just the right size. I shove it in my briefcase or jacket pocket and don't have to worry about headset getting crunched.
    Glad to hear this may be a solution...

Can I get some clarification though? Are y'all using the 2.5mm version of the Jabra Winder or the Nokia 3XXX version?

The yahoo store link goes to the 2.5mm version, but other posters have written that you need to get the Nokia version.

Any thoughts? Thanks for help.

I have a replacement Treo on the way from HS but I am sure it wont solve the problem. The techs on the phone yesterday had not heard of the headset problem.

Cheers.
    I didn't notice that in the dleclair's link. Good catch! Make sure it's the one for Nokia 8800/8200/3300 series phones.

It is my understanding that the one with 2.5mm plug will not work fully, if at all.

Maybe I won't feel so bad about paying more for mine, since I got the Nokia version.
    Great, thanks.

It is available at the Yahoo store link. Same price $15.71. Here it is

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shopping...indernok8.html
    Originally posted by prismenvy
    Great, thanks.

It is available at the Yahoo store link. Same price $15.71. Here it is

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shopping...indernok8.html

Can you direct me to a site that would show what this headset looks like? I was too excited about this that I just placed an order. For $16, it's worth the risk; I have wasted so much time & energy with this headset problem (like many of us here) for the past few days) If this works, you guys are great!!! You wouldn't be able to get this type of support anywhere.
    Ed
    be careful guys today i had a two disconnects when i went to answer the phone with the lid down i am using the jabra winder for the nokia 3300 serries was working fine until today
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    be careful guys today i had a two disconnects when i went to answer the phone with the lid down i am using the jabra winder for the nokia 3300 serries was working fine until today
    Are you sure it isn't your signal strength or calls dropping because of your provider?

Doug
    Originally posted by christo1970
    So I went by CompUsa and bought the Jabra winder for Nokia. I used to use a Jabra 2.5mm, but did nothing for the Treo. The one for Nokia has worked for me everytime, to answer calls, and hang up when the button is pushed. The Jabra stays in your ear better than any other I've found, and now it works for the 270 so far!

It was the Treo headset that was a poc.

happy days, just hope the screen keeps working
    Hi,

I'm sorry for asking, but how often have you seen the problem of hanging up with your original Handspring headset?

If you can, please measure the resistance of pin1 and pin3 on the 2.5mm plug when the switch is open and closed.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]