Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Amazon.com is offering the Treo 270 for $499.00 with service plus $100 rebate which results in a net cost of $399.00. This appears to be the best deal at the moment.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Amazon seems to be a great deal but the estimated ship time is 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure if that is an accurate estimate but it seems like a long time to me (I want my Treo 270 NOW, NOW, NOW).

I also looked on the rebate card and they also have the Treo 180 listed as part of the rebate program. You now get a $200 rebate on the 180 and they have increased the retail price back up to almost the previous level of $399 (at $379) so it still nets out to $179.
    --Denny
    The wait might be long but with amazon you have 30 days to return your phone, and they force the wireless carriers to honor that as well. I checked at a local voicestream about the grace period for cancellation and was told after 72 hours there is $200 charge. When I called customer service they confirmed that with an amazon purchase you have up to 37 days to cancel the wireless contract without penalty. I'm not sure about others but that seems like a pretty sweet deal if you are trying out a new carrier and unsure about the coverage.
    Thanks for the information TourdeWolf!

I got the same reply from a VS rep about the 3 day grace period (tho' he didn't mention the $200 fee, but I'm not surprised). I am pleasantly surprised that Amazon has this deal. This has been one of my main concerns with the 270. How VS works in my area. With this 30 day guarantee, I am more willing to try it out.

So, 30 days and $100 rebate.....off to Amazon, I go. If you want to follow me, look for me here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'd be a little weary of that $100 off. If you actually look at the rebate it only says $100 off the 180. Maybe they just haven't updated it yet, but I'd check with Amazon first.

Joe
    Quake97 - Unless I'm reading this wrong, it looks like $100 for the Treo 270 and $200 for the Treo 180. Here's a link to the rebate form:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...8.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Am I wrong in this? If so, please confirm / deny this before I decide to buy it.

Thanks.
    Is it me or is the 270 gone from Amazon? I just tried to do a search and nothing comes up. I also tried my earlier link (which worked last week) and nothing comes up.

Am I missing something?
    Is it me or is the 270 gone from Amazon? I just tried to do a search and nothing comes up. I also tried my earlier link (which worked last week) and nothing comes up.

Am I missing something?
    You are correct, the Treo 270 is no longer on Amazon; at least, I could not find it despite several minutes of searching. My previous link is also no good.

Scott
    It's not on the rebate form you listed anymore either.

Originally posted by robertruelan
    Quake97 - Unless I'm reading this wrong, it looks like $100 for the Treo 270 and $200 for the Treo 180. Here's a link to the rebate form:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...8.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Am I wrong in this? If so, please confirm / deny this before I decide to buy it.

Thanks.
    "Increase The Peace"
    I called amazon's wireless dept. and the rep informed me that they had to remove the 270 because handspring couldn't ship them any stock. He (the csr) said as soon as amazon has some stock to sell they will put the product back up. That makes sense considering the previous ship time (for the few days amazon had it listed) was 4-6 weeks. FYI
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I ordered my 270 from Amazon on June 18th and recieved an estimated delivery date as late as August 11th. I sent an inquiery to them this past Friday inquiering about 1) why was the 270 pulled from the site? 2)Will this impact my order? and 3) My purchased was based on the rebate which expires in July and the delivery is not expected til after that date and how would that effect my eligibility.

They sent a very apologetic response, upgraded my shipping method to 2 day without added cost and gave me a new deliver ETS of sometime between Jul 9 and Jul 11th. I hope it is true since I really want the 270 as soon as possible.
    I called amazon's wireless dept. and the rep informed me that they had to remove the 270 because handspring couldn't ship them any stock
    That's because they're all being sent out by Handspring as replacements for defective units!!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!