1.    #1  
    Hey, I'm new to Palm ROMs. I have a Bell Palm Centro. I had a lot of problems with receiving texts (either them being delayed by 30-90 minutes, or never showing up). I went on the Palm website, and bought Resco Explorer. I opened the CDMAUpdate application off of the SD card and ended up replacing my Bell modem with a sprint one (I'm assuming in the same sense as Blackberry refers to radio, as in the wireless module -- my phone/texting doesn't work period, not VirtualModem). This was an obvious mistake, I have no idea why I did that. My phone isn't bricked, the radio just doesn't turn on. When I attempt to turn it on, it says ROM mismatch.

I've tried a factory reset, warm reset, soft reset, everything. Pretty sure this doesn't affect the ROM anyway though. However, I did backup the contents of my ROM into a ZIP folder using Resco Explorer before the problem, as well as using the built in backup function. Those are safely on my PC.

My problem is this: How do I restore the ROM that I backed up? Is there some way I can make my own custom "homebrew" ROM using some community tool, and then copying the directory of my old (good) rom into it?

It seems I have no way of writing my backup to the ROM through Resco Explorer.

Can somebody please help? I'd really appreciate it. I know it was a stupid mistake, but I guess everybody makes them sometime. Also, I have my Bell ROM that I backed up, possibly for anyone considering making a custom ROM for the carrier? Just PM me and I can email it to you, if it's of use.

I'd appreciate any help, a lot.
    the fisrt mistake you did was to update your centro with a CDMA rom. the centro is a gsm phone. that is probably why the radio won't turn on. read thru the Rom threads maybe you will find a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by patti30 View Post
    the fisrt mistake you did was to update your centro with a CDMA rom. the centro is a gsm phone. that is probably why the radio won't turn on. read thru the Rom threads maybe you will find a solution.
    There are GSM and CDMA Centro's. You might be right that the OP picked the wrong ROM, but not necessarily. I believe Bell had both versions.