View Poll Results: Have you returned your Treo 270?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It\'s working and I LOVE it!

39 68.42%
  • Yes, it broke and Handspring is replacing it.

17 29.82%
  • Yes, it didn\'t work out for us, so I\'m looking elsewhere.

1 1.75%
  1.    #1  
    A poll to get a sense of the return rate on the 270s (not that this is particularly scientific). There is a lot of discussion about exchanges for the headset and the backlight and I thought it might be interesting to see how many this has affected.

Kupe
    Originally posted by Kupe
    A poll to get a sense of the return rate on the 270s (not that this is particularly scientific). There is a lot of discussion about exchanges for the headset and the backlight and I thought it might be interesting to see how many this has affected.

Kupe
    I'm waiting for Handspring to come out with a patch or a recall of the units to repair this headset hanging up problem.

Stan
    Keep your fingers crossed, it's gonna be a long wait.
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    The earbud issue is minor for me because I mostly use the speakerphone/handset anyhow. I think Handspring wil step up to the plate with some kind of fix soon. It is a big issue for a lot of people.
    Hmmm. One in three being returned and its only been out a week. Wonder how long the other two will continue working.
    As many bugs as there are, seems like fewer than with the 180.
    wish I could answer the poll again -
    my replacement is being replaced!
    Not 15 min. out of the box... the 270 couldn't recognize my SIM card (or my wife's). Wasn't able to configure for wireless... and back it goes. I waited 18 days. HS gets one more shot.. and if anything goes wrong in the next month.. uh... buh bye.
    Chris, are you using the older 5v SIM or the newer 3v SIM? Treo's do not recognize the 5v (older) SIM's. Did you contact Cingular about this issue? It might be SIM related versus device related.
    I think the problem is with the SIM too. Two Treos with the same problem is highly unlikely. Especially since you are the only one on this board that have this problem.

Originally posted by drknucklehead
    Chris, are you using the older 5v SIM or the newer 3v SIM? Treo's do not recognize the 5v (older) SIM's. Did you contact Cingular about this issue? It might be SIM related versus device related.
    I think there is a little confusion... It was one treo with the problem... another is on the way... Actually, the tech support folks called me this am and said it was likely a hardware issue as my SIMS (mine and my wife's) work well in our Nokia's but not in the Treo... That and the fact that the radio reset patch didn't work... We'll see.