Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    I jumped in today....took the upgrade plunge. I've been extremely happy with my Treo 180 and thought I'd go for the color and lighted keypad....two features that I really want. Any others purchase today? My order currently says Processing Order.
  2. #2  
    I jumped in last night, Hawaii time. I ordered two Treo 270s to sell on ebay.

    I already ordered my first Treo 270 back on May 29.

    First order went in at June 16, 11:52pm.
    Second order went in at June 17, 12:02am.

    I have a total of 3 VisorPhone serial numbers. So that's how I got the $200 discount 3 times.

    Stan
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  3. #3  
    Forgot to mention, it says "Preparing Order" for both orders.

    Stan
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  4. #4  
    Well... I just *got* my 270 today. Don't really like the screen so much (that hot spot irritates me, the right edge is dark-ish, and it's almost unreadable in sunlight) but the lack of lit KB on my 180 made me do it. I'm much less of a menace on the road at night now.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by Fleischner
    Well... I just *got* my 270 today. Don't really like the screen so much (that hot spot irritates me, the right edge is dark-ish, and it's almost unreadable in sunlight) but the lack of lit KB on my 180 made me do it. I'm much less of a menace on the road at night now.
    Hello,

    Can you please do us a favor? Can you please check to see if your headset_answering_button hangs up calls immediately? Can you please tell us if your headset has a proprietary connector to go into the Treo(or is it like the Nokia style plug?) Someone else mentioned that Handspring sent out the wrong headsets, as you can tell if you didn't get the clothing clip with your unit.

    Please keep us updated.

    Thanks,

    Stan
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  6. #6  
    Sure thing-- I got the headset without a clothing clip but a Handspring logo on the back of the button/microphone part (if that means anything), and no, it doesn't hang up an incoming call. I tried 3 times, and each time pressing the button connected the ringing Treo. Hope that helps.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by Fleischner
    Sure thing-- I got the headset without a clothing clip but a Handspring logo on the back of the button/microphone part (if that means anything), and no, it doesn't hang up an incoming call. I tried 3 times, and each time pressing the button connected the ringing Treo. Hope that helps.
    Since you just got the unit, maybe you can test it tomorrow, or much later. I know our units(those of us having problems) are seeing the button hangup on us within 1 sec.

    If we do any type of reset, the headset will work flawlessly for several hours, then crap out on us.

    Thanks for checking tho,

    Stan
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by Stanward
    I jumped in last night, Hawaii time. I ordered two Treo 270s to sell on ebay.

    I already ordered my first Treo 270 back on May 29.

    First order went in at June 16, 11:52pm.
    Second order went in at June 17, 12:02am.

    I have a total of 3 VisorPhone serial numbers. So that's how I got the $200 discount 3 times.

    Stan
    Stan, Stan, Stan. I hope you are going to include all your whining and long lists of TREO problems when you write your eBay item descriptions. For someone who has been screaming about Handsprings integrity you don't seem to mind passing on your "misery" to "poor unsuspecting bidders" for the sake of making a few bucks.

    I guess it takes all kinds and by the way my headset is still working just fine, thank you
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by eric-heckman


    Stan, Stan, Stan. I hope you are going to include all your whining and long lists of TREO problems when you write your eBay item descriptions. For someone who has been screaming about Handsprings integrity you don't seem to mind passing on your "misery" to "poor unsuspecting bidders" for the sake of making a few bucks.

    I guess it takes all kinds and by the way my headset is still working just fine, thank you
    If Handspring did that to me, then why not? Handspring is obviously out trying to make a buck, otherwise, why go through the hassle of providing a product? It's all in "marketing." They should've better Quality Control and a better Quality Assurance department. I know how it is to work in QC and QA on military and government projects. It's not that difficult.

    Stan
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  10. #10  
    Like the old joke goes "now that we know what you are, it is just a matter of how much".
  11. #11  
    Okay, thanks.
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  12. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #12  
    Little judgemental, aren't we Eric? Like to out any of your own character flaws?
  13. #13  
    Sure, I have very little patience with hypocrits and people that lack integrity. They frustrate me and send me down the road of sarcasm and innuendo. I also don't do well with people who engage in a battle of wits that come half armed.

    What time is my next session, Doctor?
  14. #14  
    I finally got on the upgrade wagon yesterday. I hope the Treo works out for me. I've had a Visorphone for about 8 or nine months and it's functionality has become almost indispensable to me. I really, really hope I'm happy with the Treo.

    Later,
    Rob
  15. dbasham's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #15  
    I also jumped on the Treo 270 bandwagon after agonizing about whether to get the Treo 180 for $179 (after rebate) at Amazon. I even ordered the Treo 180 on Amazon last night and then tried to go to sleep (which I couldn't). I ended up cancelling my order for the 180 at 2 AM and then ordering the Treo 270.

    What it came down to was I just couldn't stand the thought of not having color, the backlit keyboard, and a better battery (esp after looking at Action Names in color again, actually I think this may be why I ordered the 270 early this AM).

    Long live Treo 270 and I believe that mine will be perfect (proper handset, no black screen, etc). That is another reason why I waited for the bugs to shakeout before I ordered.
    Denny
  16. #16  
    I resisted. I haven't felt material lust like I felt toward the 270 since I was 8 years old looking at a Tonka earth mover in the Montgomery Ward catalog. I'm a Treo 180g user, and have found it to be a very useful tool as well as a cool toy. I've been able to consolidate all my info into one spot. I upgraded from the Visorphone to the 180g, and when the 270 was introduced, I thought I'd instantly upgrade to that, too. I have however, decided to wait. I'm curious about what improvements will be made in the coming months. The early adopter penalty seems too severe for me to trade a first generation product for a modified, more expensive first generation product...
    Got Darts?
  17. #17  
    I am still waiting for the Treo 300 (CDMA version) which I expect to have better coverage in Michigan (my wife's Sprint phone works better in small towns that my VisorPhone on VoiceStream) and faster network speeds.
  18. #18  
    Have any procrastinators who ordered june 16 or 17 received there 270's yet? Anyone received a shipped notice?
  19. #19  
    Yeah, I finally went for the 270 on Monday night (6-17-02). Still says Pending.
    I bought with the Cingular discount for extending my service contract. Supposedly, they have to confirm my contract, etc. before the ship. That may add time. No big deal if these "newer" units have corrected the blank screen and headset hang up issues.
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by Kevin0306
    Have any procrastinators who ordered june 16 or 17 received there 270's yet? Anyone received a shipped notice?
    i had thought the deadline was friday (14th), and waited til then... recieved a ship notice this morning. i chose standard shipping, but airborne's tracking says overnight, which might mean it'll arrive today (airborne picked it up yesterday!)

    i don't really care about the headphone issue, just hoping i don't get a black screen... ah, the woes of early adoption.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions