Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I placed my order at 10 am PST on 6/17/02...my order page still says processing order. I stopped using my Treo 180 since I put it on eBay and I can't believe how many times I've wanted to use it! I have my SIM card in an old cheesy phone. I hope my order arrives soon!
    Wow, that was quick. I ordered (procrastinator) my Treo 270 on Monday 6/17, the last day supposedly for the Visorphone upgraders. I ordered it standard shipping and handling. Since everyone's order was taking so long, I saw no reason to pay extra for nothing. Well, it arrived Airborne Express about 45 minutes ago. I was surprised because I was expecting a different package for work-related stuff . Anyway, the work related stuff hasn't arrived so I may have to cancel my afternoon appointment and play with the Treo instead .

Rob
    This new treo is wonderful so far. I hope it stays this way. I really like the keyboard and its size.

Later, Rob
    I ordered evening June 17 and mine says preparing order. They have shipped the car charger though. Probably not as fun to play with as the treo, but I'll give it a try
    Originally posted by rmcalister
    Wow, that was quick. I ordered (procrastinator) my Treo 270 on Monday 6/17, the last day supposedly for the Visorphone upgraders. I ordered it standard shipping and handling. Since everyone's order was taking so long, I saw no reason to pay extra for nothing. Well, it arrived Airborne Express about 45 minutes ago. I was surprised because I was expecting a different package for work-related stuff . Anyway, the work related stuff hasn't arrived so I may have to cancel my afternoon appointment and play with the Treo instead .

Rob
    hey! mine didn't show up yet, and i ordered on friday... airborne says "in transit." sigh.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    I got my two Treo 270s yesterday afternoon. But I did not receive my Treo cradle, Handspring shows a partial shipment. Anyone else waiting on their Treo cradle?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    got it!!!

it is so pretty, i'm at a loss. boy oh boy.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    Wow! I ordered my Treo 270 on the 18th of June and it arrived this morning (June 20th). I was expecting 2-3 weeks. I have to hurry and sell my Visor Platinum and Visorphone now. I've played with it a bit and I am very impressed. I especially love the size. Compared to my visor with a visor phone and an E&B Company "Slipper Case" I had on it, I feel like I lost 30 pounds! There will be a learning curve though with the keyboard as I was very proficient with graffitti. Haven't ried the headset yet but loving everything else so far.
    Originally posted by eric-heckman
    Sure, I have very little patience with hypocrits and people that lack integrity. They frustrate me and send me down the road of sarcasm and innuendo. I also don't do well with people who engage in a battle of wits that come half armed.
    I'd say short-fused, intolerant, egocentric, full of himself, with a significant infoeriority complex pretty well sums up the answer to your original questions, iJITSU.
    Originally posted by Kupe

I'd say short-fused, intolerant, egocentric, full of himself, with a significant infoeriority complex pretty well sums up the answer to your original questions, iJITSU.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!

That's a good one!

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Man this is way cool... I am still getting used to typing om this bad boy but I seem to keep getting better. First posting wireless. The funny thing is that I am sitting about 1 foot away from my laptop and I choose a 9600 connection.

Oh yeah, does anyone know of a good screen protector for color screens? The one from CompUSA made the screeb look funny. Also I an suffering from no TAB key and know there MUST be a shortcut w/out having to tap the screen. Cya,

Denny
    LOL.... I had to laugh at your request for a "screeb cover." Looks like you have fat thumbs like me!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I said I was getting BETTER at input on the keyboard not perfect. hehe. Didn't even notice those until I actually checked the post on the laptop. I did correct a couple errors but obviously missed a few. Getting used to the tiny keyboard is tough when you type as fast as I do!!! Treo is WAY cool though and now that the wireless Web is setup I feel complete. Hoping no problems with the headset (none to report yet).

BTW, for those of you that didn't see my earlier post my Treo 270 shipped in 2 days. I ordered on Monday (actually Tuesday early morning, 2 AM MST), it shipped Wednesday night and I got it Thursday morning. It activated as soon as I turned it on and my wireless modem started working today after I "checked" with VoiceStream to make sure it was ok.

One more thing. Does anyone has any other Treo software favorites (I know there is another thread out there). Button-T fixed a BIG gripe for me (set flip to NONE) and I am already hooked on BJEWELED. Testing out Action Names (not SURE that I like it, losing the Year view is a minor loss) and trying to decide which Office Suite I should use (gotta read Word/Excel docs, gonna test Iambic Office). Also considering Splash Wallet b/c that seems like a good idea (esp with grocery lists) and of COURSE downloaded AvantGo right away.

C'ya,
    --Denny
    Denny,

I have tried purple moo and brando.

I like brando for screen protection. I still use purple moo for protecting the outside cover.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips. Do you know where I can purchase the Brando's here in the US? I hate the Write Rights b/c they make the screen look funny (way odd) and they ARE a pain to put on. BTW, using the Case Techworks cover and loving it so far (I am a case kinda guy).
    --Denny
    The Brando is a Hong Kong thing. It's $12 (incl. shipping) and well worth it. (You can't be suqeemish about giving a CC# to a faceless Hong Kong merchant though )
    I agree that Brando is the best screen protector and had no problems ordering and receiving the one for my Prism. I emailed them regarding the 270 and they promptly got back and told me to wait, that they had not gotten a hold of a 270 yet to see if the 180 version worked okay or if they had to re-size the Prism or one of the other color versions. That was a couple of weeks ago and they have still not changed the website to include Treo 270 among the models they support. In fact they still have a "New" tag on the 180 and 180g models.

If anybody has tried a 180 Brando or cut down a Prism version please let us know.
    Eric,

I'm using the brando on the 270.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I called AirBorne Xpress and they told me my 270 would get in on Tues the 25th. I ordered on the 7th!!! I'm dyin' over here! I'm giving up my Vx (about time ) to my brother in law... but reading this MB, I'm a little worried about not having a back-up device. I can't afford to be without my PDA. I use it everyday for work.... I'm thinking about getting a super cheap used Visor "just in case" I have to send the 270 back for repairs... what do you guys think?
  20. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ChrisInDiego
    I'm thinking about getting a super cheap used Visor "just in case" I have to send the 270 back for repairs...
    Don't forget--except for the Visor Pro, a Visor won't have more than 8Mb, so you can't back everything up if you go over that! (Unless you want to upgrade the RAM, but that's sinking a lot of money into a backup unit!)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12