1.    #1  
    I'm trying to find a program I can use to dial into a UNIX server at work and do VT-100 emulation via the 270 wirelessly. I tried downloading the trial copy of Online and it forced a Reset when I had it dial out. I think it's only designed to use a serial connection to a modem but I'm not sure. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bob
    My favorite client is ptelnet, which is a fantastic freeware app. I've used it on the Kyocera 6035 but haven't tried it on a Treo yet. Using a keyboard with ptelnet seems like almost enough reason to get the Treo in iteself.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I've used ptelnet on the Treo180. Works well.
    I've tried to use ptelnet, but the emulation's not quite right. Also, I don't see how it would work as a direct dial-up connection.
    Got Darts?
  5.    #5  
    I've tried using ptelnet but can't get it work. I dial in from the network connection preferences using UNIX and seting the options to SLIP, and the script up to just end once it gets a modem response. I then verify that the call is connected and jump into PTelnet. I then hit the CR a few times and get nothing back from the server. When I look at options in the setup, I am kind of confused as to how this can work in the environment I am using. Under network options it lists host 127.0.0.1 and port 23. But the server I am dialing into does not provide an IP based connection. It simply is acting like a BBS system. The Serial options menu gives Port choices of either the RS232 or IR port while I am trying to connect through the internal modem of the Treo. If someone has got what I am trying to do working, please let me know what you have you are connecting and what you have your options set to.

Thanks,

Bob
    I've used both pTelnet and TGssh to connect to our Unix servers via a network connection. I can't remember exactly how good either one was since I only tested them to make sure I could connect in emergency situations and I'm currently inbetween Treos (sent my 180 back, waiting for my 270).
    Originally posted by Bob-C
    When I look at options in the setup, I am kind of confused as to how this can work in the environment I am using. Under network options it lists host 127.0.0.1 and port 23.
    127.0.0.1 is the "localhost" address. It's the internal address that references your local machine, in this case your Treo.

I can't help with your dial in problems as I have only used ptelnet and TGssh in an Internet connected environment.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    My favorite client is ptelnet, which is a fantastic freeware app. I've used it on the Kyocera 6035 but haven't tried it on a Treo yet. Using a keyboard with ptelnet seems like almost enough reason to get the Treo in iteself.
    ptelnet has one big problem though, it can only access the serial and the IR ports. I'd love to open the internal modem port, though, to toy around with some AT commands. Any idea how to do this?