Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey I am posting this wirelessly from my Treo 270. It arrived today -- man it is tons better than I expected. I am inside a Borders book store!
    what browser are you using that allows the use of Java smilies?
  3.    #3  
    I was using the built in browser, Blazer.
    Oh, ok, i was posting before @ treomb.com and it wasn't allowing the java clickable smilies. I can see that the subject symbols are selectable on this site...
    Ain't got so much to say. Just thought I'd post a reply from my Treo :-)
    Cool.
    This entire thread was posted from treos. A historical first?
  7.    #7  
    Also got AOL Instant Messenger running. Wow, I am up to 25-30 words per minute on the keyboard in no time.

We should start a "essential apps" thread, things like buttons-t and cell plan tracker.. etc.
    Hi, how long does your battery last?
    what about the signal strength?
  9.    #9  
    Signal strength is good and comparable to if not better than my Ericsson phone. Battery life -- I only charged the battery for 30 minutes (I was anxious to use it) and I got about 3 hours worth of playing around, and 1 1/2 hours of wireless time.

I think 2 hours is the recommended full charge time.
    Posting from my 270! This thing is too cool! Screen is pretty good, and so is reception. Recovery time (when coming out os subway or other area w/o service might be a tad better than the 180. I love it!
    This is my 3rd day of owning one...absolutely amazing! I'm posting this wirelessly from where I would usually read the newspaper in the morning (you work it out...!)
    I've become an instant convert having sold my iPaq to get one of these.
    Originally posted by Gizzer
    I'm posting this wirelessly from where I would usually read the newspaper in the morning (you work it out...!)

Sounds like YOU are.

Welcome to the clubs/boards (Treocentral, Treo ownership and reading room with Treo)

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
  13.    #13  
    Cool! Posting this message from my hotel in Las Vegas. No problems with the Treo so far...
    Originally posted by dleclair
    Cool! Posting this message from my hotel in Las Vegas. No problems with the Treo so far...
    Try answering your calls with the headset. That'll make you upset for sure.

It'll hangup calls quickly.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I'm glad everyone loves it. I finally broke down and ordered one on the Visorphone upgrade plan. I hope I like it as much as everyone else. I do like the Visorphone but it is so large that it's become clunky. However, I'd rather not live without the functionality.

Later, Rob
    Originally posted by Stanward

Try answering your calls with the headset. That'll make you upset for sure.

It'll hangup calls quickly.

Stan
    I have read most fo your posts on multiple threads (and boards) and it is pretty clear that the TREO is not for you or you just are not cut out to be an "early adopter". Would you consider taking advantage of Handsprings more than fair policy to return any unit within 30 days for a full refund. Gee, that little light in the screen corner looks pretty normal to me and my headset works just fine, even if it didn't or if it starts to fail I have enough faith in HS that they will continue their excellent support and find a fix. Hey, I don't understand why the speakerphone can't function exactly as I think it should, but you know what, somebody will eventually write a hack or HS will fix it in a future upgrade.

Bottomline is this is a brave new world. So far it has been a terrific journey and it is just beginning. The TREO 270 is the most exciting little machine I have ever owned. I could have sold about ten of them yesterday while showing it to my guy that works the PDA and Cell Phone counter at my local CompUSA. By the way they are expecting the 270 in about 3 to 4 weeks. I won't be surprised if it's a few bucks cheaper at activation price, but they will not give you that price for a VisorPhone serial number.

For now, thanks Handspring! You have improved my day to day communication ability and made me more productive. Of course you did that with my first Platinum, then my Prism, then my VisorPhone. Oh, Stan, I really hope it works out for you too.
    Well said!
    I'm entitled to my own opinion. I paid $499 for this, I expect it to be working. This is worse than my VisorPhone that I bought last year.

Stan

Originally posted by eric-heckman

I have read most fo your posts on multiple threads (and boards) and it is pretty clear that the TREO is not for you or you just are not cut out to be an "early adopter". Would you consider taking advantage of Handsprings more than fair policy to return any unit within 30 days for a full refund. Gee, that little light in the screen corner looks pretty normal to me and my headset works just fine, even if it didn't or if it starts to fail I have enough faith in HS that they will continue their excellent support and find a fix.

Oh, Stan, I really hope it works out for you too.
    I hope everyone reads the "last minute procrastinators" thread. Stan "the man" has ordered two more of these "worse than Visorphone, defective TREOs" so he can put them on eBay and foist them on some unsuspecting, naive bidder. Yup, Stan, you are entitled to your opinion. And just like a-holes everybody has one.
    Okay.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast