1.    #1  
    Just received this today!

Dear Customers,

Thank you for your interest in our products and for your continued support. You expressed an interest in being notified when we had released cases for the Handspring Treo. We have recently released 2 new leather cases designed for the Handspring Treo 180 and 270 series, the pouch-type Copilot Treo case and the Slipper Treo case. We also offer screen protectors compatible with the Handspring Treo 90, 180 (but not 180G), and 270 models.

These cases are new product releases, they are not currently in stock. We expect to be able to ship in approximately 2 weeks, perhaps sooner. Internet orders that total over $30.00 that are shipped to US addresses qualify for free US Priority mail (US Postal Service) shipment. Internet orders will also be processed more quickly upon receipt of our first shipments of these cases from our manufacturing facilities.

You may find details about these and other compatible offerings by selecting “Handspring Treo 180/270” under Category on our Catalog search page at the following URL: http://www.ebcases.com/Catalog.bok

Or you may access the following direct links to these products:

Copilot Treo - Leather pouch-type case (attaches to your belt): http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?&no=147

Slipper Treo w/clip – Slim, custom-designed leather case (attaches to your
    belt):
    http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?&no=135

Slipper Treo – Slim, custom-designed leather case (does NOT attach to your
    belt):
    http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?&no=136

ScreenProtector CL417 – Designed for the Handspring Treo 90, 180 (but not 180G), 270 series: http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?&no=146

Thank you again for your interest in our products and for your patience during the new-release period.

Kind Regards,

E&B Company

I checked them out and they are SWEET! Got mine on order already!

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Is it just me or do you have to unfold way too many things to get to your Treo with these cases?
  3.    #3  
    You have a good point there AND what happens when you want to use the cradle, which I do a lot?

I'm also not too excited that they use a magnet for the flap and thus recomending to NOT carry a credit card.

Canceled the order and going to wait for the review.

What about that GG? Gonna be a EB review anytime soon?

Rod

I am sorry but these are the worst case I have seen yet from EbCases. That Slipper case is a non-starter. The Co-Pilot case got some potential..but I am not sure that it is worth $29.
    I'm disapointed in them. I have always had an EB case with my visors. Guess I wont for My treo.

The Handspring case works pretty well.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #6  
    Felipe,

Did you lose any sleep last night over Clemmens almost getting beaned?

HA!

Rod

That's weird, I'd swear there was a post to a thread a month or two ago that had links to these pics (like "in development") becuase I totally remember that absurd Slipper case design.

I have no intention of even asking for one of those cases to review. It would be a waste of my time and theirs. There's no way that case is going to be useful (useful being the result of features and efficiency) It's different, to be sure, but the wrong kind of different.

The Copilot one looks ok, and the Treo faces the clip, which would place it properly in the hand after quick removal. It looks like it uses a swivel clip, though, which I'm personally trying to get away from.

what I want is a nice, hip-hugging case that mounts horizontally and close to the belt (not floppy like the Brookstone has become), with a quick, secure, long-lasting closure flap (high-quality velcro is fine), and the Treo sits in the case screen side in (facing the body). This would allow the case to be worn on the left OR right side of the body, and quickly sliding the hand along the case to open the flap and take out the Treo would place the Treo in the hand properly for viewing/use. The copilot is one step closer from the Brookstone, but not quite there yet.

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Does anyone know were I could get a case that allows you to keep your Treo in a case and still use it. This one looks good but doesn't protect the Treo if I have to take it out of the case to use it. I have the Treo 270 and I don't want it dropped. I've used their other cases and to use the Treo you have to take it out of the case. Not good. I think this is the type of case needed for the Treo. One that lets you use it and keep it in the case. But thats just me.
    Last edited by ronaldwright; 11/29/2002 at 12:33 PM.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
    Originally posted by ronaldwright
    Does anyone know were I could get a case that allows you to keep your Treo in a case and still use it. This one looks good but doesn't protect the Treo if I have to take it out of the case to use it. I have the Treo 270 and I don't want it dropped. I've used their other cases and to use the Treo you have to take it out of the case. Not good. I think this is the type of case needed for the Treo. One that lets you use it and keep it in the case. But thats just me.
    I have been using this case for 2 weeks and I LOVE IT!! Case Techworks has an excellent working case that you barely notice, even if you have a USB cradle. The keyboard is no obstructed and the case, including the flip, works great. Trust me, you love this!

G
    Originally posted by thegman

I have been using this case for 2 weeks and I LOVE IT!! Case Techworks has an excellent working case that you barely notice, even if you have a USB cradle. The keyboard is no obstructed and the case, including the flip, works great. Trust me, you love this!

G

Thegman

I don't know how you could recommend the Case Techworks case, I just purchased one and really dislike it. First the stud to which the belt clip attaches is mounted too low on the body of the case causing the case to flip over constantly. Secondly the belt clip itself is probably the worst clip I have ever used. it's sloppy, way too loose causing the case to spin like a "propeller" especially on the run. I've never seen anything like it. I do like the fit and finish of the case but it has way to many problems for me to recommend it.

My Quick Review:
    Pros:
    1) Soft Leather
    2) Convertible Case
    3) fit and finish of case is good
    4) The flip lid can be opened without removing it from case

Cons:
    1) Hangs awkwardly, because stud is too low on case
    2) "C-H-E-A-P" belt clip
    3) Must be removed from case to sync with docking cradle
    4) Spins like a "propeller"
    5) Offers little or no protection to treo if dropped

Using the Duro clip from this company: http://www.theclip.com/mall/swivclip.asp that is on my Ipaq vaja case helps some with the flipping problem but it still feels awkward due to how low the stud is mounted. I will be RMA'ing this one.

For now I'm back to using the handspring holster case which works very well but offers little or no protection to the treo, at least till someone comes up with a case that does more than look good. I need a case where I can remove the treo for use with one hand quickly while still offering maximum protection to the unit if accidently dropped.

Perhaps Vaja will design a treo case, I very much like the looks, functionality and protection it affords my Ipaq.

Anyone else have any suggestions for Treo cases?
    This is another new cas out there!!''

http://www.leatherintl.com/products/...?pid=145&id=87
    Now THAT case (the Leather Intl. case) looks more like it. Problem is they only have the one photo that only shows the front, and the description only mentions the "unique metal belt clip" as far as features go. I like the sideways orientation, and the fact (apparently) that the Treo goes in facing the body, but what about the headset jack and jog wheel? I'm not too fond of button snaps like it looks like that one uses. It's not velcro, but those types of buttons are always either too tight or too loose.

Anyone willing to risk the $30 for that one and give us the low-down?

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    Thank you thegman,

The case from Case Techworks was just the perfect thing I needed. After going to the web site I bought it that nite right after you told me where to go. I've been using it for about two months now and I love it. It was what I needed. Something that I could keep in a case all the time so it would stay protected always. The case fits like a glove. Thanks. I reconmend this case to anyone. Best of all the company is from my home town (Austin, Tx)
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
    The EB cases are "custom-made"; but, for some other gadget! I read it as a plain silly marketing move from EB rather than as a design miss. I think thegman has got it again. Here's the word on it from my favorite reviewers.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/casetec...eo-review.html

Like the Treo: imperfect, but excellent!
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.