1.    #1  
    1. Brighter section in top right hand corner of screen. Previously mentioned in other thread
    Problem with screen

2. Headset answering problem, keeps dropping calls upon answering with headset button. Seen in this thread:
    Headset Problem

3. System sounds not working right. Going to Preferences->General, setting the System Sound would affect the sounds of "clicking" on items on the screen.

Example: I could set the System Sound to High, and whenever I click on items with my stylus, there would be a loud beep along with it. If I set the System Sound to Low, the sound would be approximately Medium, same as setting the System Sound to Medium, the sound would be Medium as well. If I set the sound to Off, there would be no sound at all when clicking/selecting items.

Do a soft reset, I try any of the above, there would be NO sound at all when clicking/selecting items. What gives?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I would suggest that your unit is defective. The systems sounds work fine on my unit. You get a beep when you set the preferences but, not when you use the unit. IF your unit is also beeping I would think that the unit is defective as my unit does not do this.

The Bright corner is not a defect or bug. IThis problem I do not understand the issue. The light is just the Backlight. On the PRISM the bright light is on the entire right side which is where the backlight is. On the Treo it is in the Top right corner.

On the Headset Handspring has said that if you are not using the Handspring headset then it may or has disconnected calls.

I do not know about this problem as I have also had no problem with the headset.

I also do not run any hacks. The only utility programs I run are Ringo3 and Button-T.

Good Luck
    Except for Issue #1 which is neither a defect or a bug, do you have the same problems on a fresh Treo 270 (i.e fresh out of the box with no third party stuff)? Have you hard reset the unit and see if you can recreate the problems (before recovering your data and files)?

Originally posted by Stanward
    1. Brighter section in top right hand corner of screen. Previously mentioned in other thread
    Problem with screen

2. Headset answering problem, keeps dropping calls upon answering with headset button. Seen in this thread:
    Headset Problem

3. System sounds not working right. Going to Preferences->General, setting the System Sound would affect the sounds of "clicking" on items on the screen.

Example: I could set the System Sound to High, and whenever I click on items with my stylus, there would be a loud beep along with it. If I set the System Sound to Low, the sound would be approximately Medium, same as setting the System Sound to Medium, the sound would be Medium as well. If I set the sound to Off, there would be no sound at all when clicking/selecting items.

Do a soft reset, I try any of the above, there would be NO sound at all when clicking/selecting items. What gives?

Stan
  4.    #4  
    Okay, I'm an *****, I had my wireless mode button switched to "silent" so that quiets down the entire unit.

My question is, when I set the system sound preferences to "Low" the beeps sound very loud when I'm clicking on things. The "Low" setting is the same as "Medium."

Was it supposed to be like that? Whenever I click anything with the "Low" settings, the clicks are pretty loud, much louder than my Platinum or Prism.

I never run hacks or weird stuff like that.

Stan
  5.    #5  
    Another potential problem that I see with the Treo 270 is the possiblity of having the hotsync/recharge connector break on you. I've seen too many of these types of connectors go bad(similar type connector used on PCMCIA ethernet/modem dongle connectors).

Stan