Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Jeez, it's painful to wait for a device like this. I've been using a Samsung I-300 for about 6 months and do not like the open face screen, the on-screen buttons or the form factor. I've grown up on push buttons and clam-shell phones and can't wait for the Treo 300 to show up!
    Matt,

I have a 270 and love it, but just thinking about the always on higher speed net connection makes me lust after the 300.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I've got my $500 for the Treo 300 set aside and can't wait to get it the day it comes out.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    I'm trying to ignore the siren call of the Visor Phone -> 270 upgrade and hold out for the 300. Sprint PCS has much better coverage in Michigan (at least where I go) and I'm sick of not having a working phone at my mother in laws house!
    I feel ya dog. That might be the single greatest thing about this phone... it will ensure that you will never be stuck in a boring situation (as I'm guessing it can sometimes be at the in-law's) with nothing to do.

Sprint has great coverage here in the DC area. Unless someone is a Sprint PCS hater, those of us that hold out for the 300 will probably be happy we did (especially if it has a 16-bit screen).
    Robert
    ...but among the small town set, I have a rep as a geek and no self-respecting geek can have a cell phone that's doesn't work!
    rememebr, it is jsut a RUMOR that it will come out in july.. It might be august before it'll arrive in all of our hands!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Yep, it's just a rumor, and I think we've all learned the hard way that these things rarely go the way you hope... so I am emotionally prepared to deal with the disappointments as they come. I was cleaning my office yesterday and came across an article I cut out of PC Week back in December 1998, which had pictures and news about the pdQ... it was the first I had heard anything about it, and from that moment on I knew I HAD to have one. It was to be released in the 1st quarter of '99. It didn't come out until DECEMBER! (It's still in use, by the way. My girlfriend has it until I get my Treo 300, then she gets my Kyo 6035... um, no, this stuff is not at all exciting to her, but she hates how big the pdQ is). If the Treo is delayed until August that will seem like nothing by comparison. Of course that's easy to say now... we'll see how I'm doing after a few more weeks of building anticipation
    Robert
    That's when my VoiceStream contract runs out. It would be wrong to have two cell phone contracts...wouldn't it?
    At present I have 2 mobile phones (Kyo 6035 w/Sprint, and the tiny Nokia 8260 w/Cingular) AND my girlfriend has 2 mobile phones (long story, but they all served a purpose... once racked up 22,000 minutes in one billing cycle and didn't even go over my minutes, with Cingular). But now she lives here, not Arkansas. Cingular coverage has really gone down hill, and Sprint's has really been great. So it's time to dump Cingular. It was nice having a really small phone to take places where I didn't want to endanger my baby (the Kyo), but the form factor of the Treo is just perfect for going anywhere (since it will easily fit in a pocket). Plus my Sprint plan can't be beat... 900 peak, 5400 off peak, 1st incoming minute free, 550 text messages, for $70 a month. I don't expect to get off that cheap with 3G though.
    Robert
    Ya, Sprint plans are awesome. I got one of their "retention" plans. For $50/month, I get 1300 anytime minutes and 3000 night and weekend minutes, all with free long distance and nationwide roaming (as long as you're on the Sprint network of course). Now, I've added wireless web, voicedial, and Sprint insurance bringing my monthly bill up to $70 but I think its still a great deal. Very much looking forward to the Treo 300!
    I also hope that Verizon will get with the program and come onboard the Treo bandwagon. They already have 3G coverage in my area, but no phones that I would ever get to replace my Startac (Old Faithfull) The Treo will be that phone, but I have 3 accounts with Verizon so would like to stay and upgrade instead of going with another.
    Originally posted by Craig Wadsworth
    I also hope that Verizon will get with the program and come onboard the Treo bandwagon
    That's probably going to take a good amount of time. As I'm sure you already know, Sprint has paid to be the exclusive carrier of the Treo 300 for an undisclosed period of time.
    Originally posted by Marty1781

That's probably going to take a good amount of time. As I'm sure you already know, Sprint has paid to be the exclusive carrier of the Treo 300 for an undisclosed period of time.

If I can buy a unit without a plan, I will get it activated somehow (connections, begging, whatever works)
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Man, I'm with you all. I just decided to return my recently purchased 270 and wait for the cdma treo. Bring it on...

(what's up, Robert K? Cheating on PDABuzz.com, I see...)
    Originally posted by Craig Wadsworth
    If I can buy a unit without a plan, I will get it activated somehow (connections, begging, whatever works)
    The challenge with that is the (probable) single frequency of the Sprint-branded Treo. Verizon still requires 2 frequencies to use their full network - Sprint only one frequency. Verizon is very coy about coverage maps by frequency.

For Verizon, I went with the Startac 270C, Maestro Pocket PC, and a bluetooth connection between them. I will try that for a while to see if they come up with any high-speed data options that I like (Thera is OUTRAGEOUSLY priced, and the have no Express-net phones that are also Bluethooth yet).

Kupe
    ijitsu, I only post on these 2 forums, I swear! I'm glad you found your way over here buddy. The more Treo obsessed people we have the better. I need to start pacing myself or I'm not going to be able to handle another month (or more) of waiting. My girlfriend is laughing at me... she didn't realize how much of a geek I am (she didn't know me back in the pre-pdQ days).

This will give you an idea of how crazy I am when it comes to this stuff... back in late '98 when I first heard about the pdQ I started doing my "information gathering". My holding company has a large relationship with Verizon (both land line and wireless). So I made lots of phone calls. About 6 months before the pdQ was released I had a Verizon rep in my office with a pdQ that he had overnighted from the development group (I might have implied to them that we were considering a large deployment of pdQ's). I can't believe how prehistoric that phone seems now (my g/f is talking to her mom on it right now... it might be the only pdQ still in use, lol).

Gotta run...
    Robert
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by DougI
    Any thoughts: http://spectrum.ic.gc.ca/~cert/daily/radio_h_e.html ?
    Nice! We've confirmed that it will be called the Treo 300. So, now at least I know what I'm looking for when 'it' becomes available......

What does it mean when you check TreoCentral every morning and night to make sure you don't miss the initial launch and miss the first allocation? Man, I haven't been this gaga over a new handheld since the release of the Palm V.
    Well pray that you will not encounter the same headset and blank screen problems that the boys and girls with the 270 are finding. And if you don't I am very sure that there will be another set of "Got'chas" waiting on us.

Gary

Hey I love BETA teating!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast