1.    #1  
    I am a little cautious about buying the Treo. I read that handspring does not offer phone insurance. Is there a third party vendor that provides phone/pda insurance for the Treo 270? I would hate to half to eat $600 or $700 if i lost or had my treo stolen.
    Handspring does offer insurance on your Treo, which extends the warranty by an additional year and also includes 1 screen replacement. Check out:

http://www.handspring.com/protection/
    An extended warranty is completely different from insurance. A true insurance policy will cover a lost or damaged PDA. Try Safeware Insurance at http://www.safeware.com/. They charge about $50 a year for a minimum coverage of $770, which is enough for a replacement Treo.
    Don't most wireless carriers offer this on their sites? Seems like I have seen it there... probably the most exspensive though!

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Hey Ross, where do you live? They want $72.00 for $600.00 here in CA.

Wassup wid dat?

Rod

I'm in NYC, but I doubt that's what makes the difference. I just checked again, and it's still $52 for $770 of coverage -- but then again, I still haven't received a confirmation after applying for the insurance. My quote was based on "business/professional" usage and primary travel in USA/Canada. How about yours?
    I'm in NJ and I got a quote of $84 for $700 worth of coverage for Business/Professional and US/Canada.
    Originally posted by rosswords
    I'm in NYC, but I doubt that's what makes the difference. I just checked again, and it's still $52 for $770 of coverage -- but then again, I still haven't received a confirmation after applying for the insurance. My quote was based on "business/professional" usage and primary travel in USA/Canada. How about yours?
    Same here!

They probably think Californians are all pot smoking hippies and we are more likely to space out and lose the phone.

Or more along the lines of crooked people cashing in on purpose to get the latest set for cruising the beach

Gotta look good in that convertable

Rod

Originally posted by Veloslave
    Gotta look good in that convertable
    Fuhgeddaboudit! (As we say in Brooklyn.)
    Ross (or others),

If you have a Safeware policy, have you ever filed a claim?

If so, how was Safeware's response?

Thanks,

P.S.: I got the same quote as Mike in NJ.
    I don't have the insurance yet (just got my T270 three days ago). I filled out the online application the same day but haven't heard back from them. (Not a good sign.) So I can't tell you.

But I can tell you that my kids' school uses them for its laptop program, and they told me they checked it out pretty carefully. In fact, I think they've filed a couple of claims and everything went OK. So for what that's worth...