1.    #1  
    Checked in with Amazon...the Treo 180 is on sale at $299, plus a $100 discount.
    Have a look at voicestream's coverage area.
    The iproduct is available only
    if you area in this area.
    http://www.voicestream.com/products/...local.asp:mad:
    I don't get it. Look at the following link, and I you see I can go to CA and use my Treo, now why can't someone have a CA number?

http://www.voicestream.com/images/pr...nwcov_full.gif
    I don't get it. Look at the following link, and I you see I can go to CA and use my Treo, now why can't someone have a CA number?
    As a Voicestream user, you can roam in CA, but Voicestream doesn't issue phone numbers in CA... that's Cingular territory. If the Amazon offer is tied to Voicestream, CA users are out of luck.
    <I>Do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.</I>
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I can't believe this but I had this phone in my cart and it is now showing up as $279 less the rebate for a price of $179 (also the same on the primary 180 page). Crazy. Now what do I do and WHY is this price SOOOO low??? Suddenly the Treo 270 doesn't sound QUITE as attractive and I am unsure what to do ($300 more is quite a bit of money). This rebate and price cut is only good until 6/17/02 but I don't know what to do. Help!!!

Is the Treo 270 really THAT much better? I personally LIKE color and the backlight keypad but I could probably live with B&W for a price like this. I also like the better battery but it sounds like some of that has been fixed with recent updates to the 180 BIOS. Comments anyone?
    --Denny
    Well, in my opinion, as an early adopter of the 180, if I could upgrade to a 270 for $300, there is a really good chance I'd do it.
    I suspect the low Amazon 180 price is cuz Handspring is dumping them... little demand now that the 270 is out. As an early adopter who paid $500 for a 180g... I am banging my head on the wall.

Anybody interested in a near-mint 180g? (actually, I am hoping the demand for 180g's will rise, since there are NO 270g's).
    I would be interested in your treo 180g
    but would you meet the $199.00 price?
    Can't meet the Amazon price, but then again, they don't have the 180g. I paid $500 (service activated). Make me an offer I can't refuse <g>.
    Am I right ?
    Price drop is my fault. I just paid $350 on ebay for a 180 (no activation). Figures they're giving them away now.
    Originally posted by robertl1
    Price drop is my fault. I just paid $350 on ebay for a 180 (no activation). Figures they're giving them away now.
    Dont feel bad. I paid $599 less than 2 months ago. I am still kicking myself. Grrrrr!