1.    #1  
    Folks,

Had one of those "All Riiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhttttt !!!" experiences. After looking around the PDA area in the local Staples and OfficeMax for a case, and finding zippo, I went on about my business, which included a trip down to Philly [south] via the Garden State Parkway. Just outside of NY, there's a mega rest area [the one with the drive thru Dunkin' Donuts], and there's a couple of "islands" inside where vendors sell stuff. In the watch area, under a "2 for $12" sign, were several little black leather clip-on cases, each with a fold-over [full-size] flap that stays attached via a velcro square. The sides stretch, and the height perfectly mirrors the Treo's length. I initially ignored it, because it looked much too narrow. But desperation prompted experimentation, and ultimately, a delightful surprise.

Treo 90 fits perfectly, but it was just a tad too tight trying to pull it out. To remedy that problem, as soon as I got home I grabbed scissors, and neatly cut down each side [the stretch material], about 1/4 of an inch. Worked nicely, as there's no resulting unravelling of that stretch area. The best part [other than the $$] is that this case, like the Treo, is super light-weight, and adds virtually no bulk-- 'cept for the clip-on itself [it swivels, a nice extra].

The tag inside has the "GE" [General Electric] logo, and also reads: Universal Small, Sanyo, Made in China. For those who won't be near the Garden State Parkway anytime soon, a suggestion: instead of browsing PDA shelves, look around instead in the cellphone area, esp. for StarTac-related cases. Do so in any store you're in, ie Walmart's [electronics area], Circuit City, etc. If you see stretch material along the side, you can safely ignore any knee-jerk "too narrow" impression, courtesy of the I-ain't-a-surgical-doctor-but-I-play-one-with-my-Treo technique outlined above.

BTW, about the clip-on part-- it's like a clothespin: you squeeze to open, and release to shut. The swivel aspect is really appreciated when I climb in and out of the car, as it seems to magically readjust its position when I strap on the seat belt [I tend to wear it clipped to my right front jeans pocket]. If the swivel action is lacking, just hold it in your hands and twirl it a few times. Loosens it up just enough, without making it too loose.

For those who may want to kill the clip-on -- I've played with and stared at it, and am convinced that it can be removed. But, BrainGirl here has yet to figure out precisely how.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by WebSter
    .. neatly cut down each side [the stretch material], about 1/4 of an inch
    Clarification:
    That is, I chopped out a square on each side, edge to edge, not just a cut down the center of the stretchy part.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by WebSter
    For those who may want to kill the clip-on -- I've played with and stared at it, and am convinced that it can be removed. But, BrainGirl here has yet to figure out precisely how.
    Duh! There's a doohickey at the top of the clip itself. You push it down [needs force, so no accidental pushes possible], then slide the clip down, and off.