Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    After one full week of use this is what I have noticed. FYI I am a previous hp200lx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Diamond Mako, and Jornada 680 user.

Size- Very small and light I forget its in my pocket sometimes and worry about it falling out of shirt pocket.

Screen- I was impressed. I barely notice the size difference from the VDX and the screen functions well in all but bright light. It may not be the brightest or sharpest (I haven't used any pda's but those listed above) but works fine for my applications. When I first started using the stylus on the screen I was taken aback by the somewhat sticky screen. The screen on the Visor seemed harder and slipperier. The stylus tip is much nicer than the VDX or the Mako and it doesn't feel as if scratching will be a problem.

Keyboard-When I first saw the tiny keys I thought I would never be able to type on them without constant errors. I was wrong. The keys are designed so that finger overspill from an ajoining key does not have enough pressure to cause key to strike. The problem I have had with the keyboard is the position of the shift key. In my mind it should be where the blue option key is and vice-versa. After a week of typing on it though I am starting to train myself and do pretty well.

Battery - I plug it in every morning at work but noticed over the weekend that it drained down to 38%. It seems like this may be a little quicker drain than I expected.

Problem areas- As reported in other threads, the stylus holder loosens up leaving you with a floppy stylus that would be easy to lose. Also, it really does need a backlit keyboard for typing in the dark.

Performance-Flawless!! It's quick, easy to use, color screen, relatively inexpensive and compact

Is this my ideal pda????

No, but it is my favorite pda produced today. My ideal pda would be the size and shape of the diamond mako, with a color screen and without the need of a stylus, using a streamlined operating system like psion used or palm, not the bloated windows ce. and with a database cabable of storing over 15,000 items. If anybody makes one of these (under $300) I'll be first in line.
    Originally posted by glmark
    Battery - I plug it in every morning at work but noticed over the weekend that it drained down to 38%. It seems like this may be a little quicker drain than I expected.
    FWIW, I too was initially irritated with the battery life. It finally dawned on me to check brightness level. It comes with the selector pushed to the extreme right, for maximum brightness. When I bounced it down to just below half, the "life" issue was remarkably different. And, no hassles viewing the dimmer screen, despite the fact that I had previously grown used to a Casio E125's brightness level.

Bottom-line: I changed the battery slider afew days ago, and have not "had" to recharge yet--- despite giving AstraWare's AcidFreeCell several serious workouts
    www.red-mercury.com
    I would have never dreamed such a delightfully powerful and colorful game was possible on the PalmOS platform. Really makes the Treo shine! [Fantastic for the more productivity-oriented ActionNames as well.]
    Originally posted by glmark
    When I first started using the stylus on the screen I was taken aback by the somewhat sticky screen. The screen on the Visor seemed harder and slipperier.
    This is easy to fix, I found the same thing until I wiped the surface with a dry cloth. I think there's some kind of waxing material left over from manufacturing.

-reed