1.    #1  
    I am looking for the best backup software for my Treo180.

Once you do a hard reset....you will realize how much you lost. Even when you re-install everything in your user/backup folder, you will have a lot of work to do.

I would like a backup software that will:
    ()restore my settings and preferences
    ()restore my blazer web addresses
    ()restore my phonebook speeddials
    ()etc...

Any ideas or ways to automate the system restore after a HARD reset?
    BlueNomad gives away a backup program. After a hard reset, you could just hit the restore button.
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    BlueNomad gives away a backup program. After a hard reset, you could just hit the restore button.
    Gives Away?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    You didn't read this carefully enough. The free program says:
    With BackupBuddyVFS installed on your organizer, you can effortlessly backup your organizer’s critical files to the Sony Clie's Memory Stick® or to Secure Digital or MultiMedia expansion cards for Palm organizers.
    180s/270s don't have memory expansion
    Last edited by PDAENVY; 06/12/2002 at 12:53 PM.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    You didn't read this carefully enough. The free program says: Treos don't have memory expansion
    My bad, I had a 90 briefly and assumed that all of the series used the SD card.
    I don't think a backup/restore would be possible without memory expansion or flash memory.
    I would suggest the BackupBuddy desktop software from Blue Nomad. It does an excellent job. There is a free trial available.

Briguy
    I've been using it for over 2 years, and believe me, it restores after a reset.

I think the only things it hasn't restored were one or two setting that the Sony Clie preference program doesn't appears to only keep in memory; and one of my security program's passwords. Everything else returns exactly the way it was.

BB's one of my two most essential programs (the other's Datebk5).
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I've also used it for over two years and it has saved my bacon more than once. It's worth every penny - and I'm cheap when it comes to software.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.