Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went ahead and purchased the $49.99 plan as I tend to use TreoMail and the Web quite often. If you don't have TreoMail, I highly encourage you to do so. Go ahead and try the trial version on for size.
    Because I'm knew to the Treo, and because I don't have mine yet, I'm curious how browsing and email works on it. The literature says that you have to have your own ISP. Does the $49.99 plan come with ISP services included from VoiceStream? Or, will it just work out of the box?
    Originally posted by joseorlandi
    I am in Provo, Utah. Got mine first thing in the morning via Airborne. I am unpacking it as I write this.

I ordered May 28, also first thing in the morning!!!!!
    Was the order status page accurate for you in tracking your order? Some have said that it said "Preparing Order" or "Pending" and then, suddenly, their order appeared at their door-step. Mine has said preparing order for 3 days now. Just wondering if the Order Status is really worth my checking it.
    You need an ISP until GPRS is released. And yes you will have to ppay extra for GPRS as well.

Originally posted by Camp

Because I'm knew to the Treo, and because I don't have mine yet, I'm curious how browsing and email works on it. The literature says that you have to have your own ISP. Does the $49.99 plan come with ISP services included from VoiceStream? Or, will it just work out of the box?
    But here in CA with Cingular. You do not need to pay a seperate ISP to go browse and email. Cingular will act as your carrier as well as ISP to let you go data online.

Speaking of data, I have just tried the wireless data on my 270 last night with Cingular. Way better than my VisorPhone with Earthlink as ISP. Data call and connection is faster and stable all the time. I guess that since Cingular help push Treo or RIM to use it data network, they place your data call to your ISP via their network at the least priority. That copuld explain why my VisorPhone makes good data call last year but had become quite bad in data connection since the Treo 180 was introduced.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi,

Does anyone know when the 270 will be in the retail stores?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12