1.    #1  
    Hi,

I received my Treo 270 yesterday, synced it up with all the stuff from my Palm Vx and pretty much everything is great.

I installed a bunch of new software such as PowerJog and treoButtons, etc.

But... I didn't seem to be able to use GoBar, which was the launcher I've been using. This isn't really a problem as I think it might not be the best launcher for the Treo - you need to use the stylus alot with GoBar and I think it would get pretty annoying with the Treo.

I'm trying to set the machine up so that I can do as much as possible one-handed (mostly with the JogDial) as it feels like the most natural way to use the Treo.

So I read a bunch of posts and installed Launcher III. It works great, but I don't seem to be able to use the JogDial properly with it. According the documentation it supports Sony's JogDial and another brand (can't remember the name). You're supposed to be able to move the JogDial to select applications on whichever tab you're on. But when you move the JogDial, it moves you from tab to tab and you can't actually select an icon. Any ideas?

Also, on the train into work this morning, I was reading a book using iSolo and the machine kept powering off. I checked the settings and the power off time is set to 3 minutes. There was no way I was spending longer than 3 minutes between changing pages. I was using the jogDial to scroll, not the page up/down buttons.

Other than these few problems, though, I really like the machine.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Originally posted by SarahG
    Also, on the train into work this morning, I was reading a book using iSolo and the machine kept powering off. I checked the settings and the power off time is set to 3 minutes. There was no way I was spending longer than 3 minutes between changing pages. I was using the jogDial to scroll, not the page up/down buttons.
    Try to have the lid open. If it is closed, the Treo will power off after 30 seconds, no matter what you set in the Preferences.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that explains it. I did have the lid closed. But I want the lid closed!! Don't suppose there are any hacks out there yet that override that functionality...