1.    #1  
    Hello, fellow [die-hard] Centro users:

If your Centro dies, what phone are you getting? I really don't think I can go with the Pre. I don't like the form factor and I really dont' want to put all my information out there in "the cloud". I've thought about the Moment, but I'm wondering about the Droid OS. I know two people who have the Moment and they really LOVE it, one is somewhat of a techie type, and the other just loves a sleek looking phone that has good PDA functionality.

What are your thoughts?
    John 3:16
  2.    #2  
    Thanks, Zelgo.

I've thought about the Iphone too. My only reservation with it is no physical keyboard. I haven't ruled it out though.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I've checked out the Evo, but like you said, no physical keyboard. I don't get it, but I guess it must be a lot of phone sold without one!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    For those of us who don't want or need the expense of a data plan, yet want a PDA-phone... Anything possible? Preferably with a larger screen than the Centro's.

I'm seeing two problems:

1. Is there a carrier that will sell or activate such a phone without a data plan?
    2. Are they still making such phones that allow usage like stand-alone PDAs, i.e., with card slots for backup and/or PC sync programs? More-and-more, they seem to be assuming cloud synchronization.
    iphone really. the best smartphone out there
    Get a Pixii and add the Classic App to it.
    It will then look just like a Treo/Centro
  7.    #7  
    isn't the Pixi with the Classic OS app still "cloud" sync as opposed to pc sync? or is there an app to allow sync with pc via Outlook? also does the Pixi have a card slot?
  8. RUV
    I probably will get another Centro... that is until Sprint kicks me out of my plan.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'll have to see what vzw has available in October 2010 when I'm up for an upgrade. If they don't have the iPhone by then, I'll either wait a bit or just get an android based phone. I'm already moving my stuff to google.com to be ready.
    I'm about to replace my Centro, but need to stay with Sprint. I'm thinking about getting the Hero. Anybody here switch and have an opinion one way or the other?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post
    I'm about to replace my Centro, but need to stay with Sprint. I'm thinking about getting the Hero. Anybody here switch and have an opinion one way or the other?
    I will never get another phone with a trackball. FWIW.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I will go with the Verizon Droid Incredible, once it has all the apps that I have on my Centro.
  13.    #13  
    Since the Pixi is now free, I decided to give it a shot. I like the form factor much better.
    I will probably go with the HTC incredible or the iphone HD if it actually comes out on Sprint. The thing I am going to miss is the SERO plan. I can't justify paying more than twice as much per month with two phones.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    isn't the Pixi with the Classic OS app still "cloud" sync as opposed to pc sync? or is there an app to allow sync with pc via Outlook? also does the Pixi have a card slot?
    Classic allows you to backup all your .prc and .pdb files but there is no Outlook / Palm Desktop conduit.

Posted the following in another thread but thought it might help....

I think the biggest draw to the Pre is the web browser. It is excellent and makes me realize how weak the Garnet browser was. That is why I am there and didn't go back despite the damn PIM problems. I finally broke down a few weeks ago and started using Google Calendar. I was frustrated that I could not sync my Calendar to Outlook on my laptop without buying something expensive ($40 for a functionality Garnet provided for free?!?) or scouring the web for something free that does not take up hours of my time to figure out how to use. Google Calendar is pretty good as I can make different color coded calendars on it for different aspects of my life. Personal, Work Appts, Vac schedule of reportees, Medical appts, etc. The color coding syncs with the Pre Calendar so I get something better than the standard Garnet calendar but falls just short of being able to see icons on Agendus.

The frakkin' Tasks app syncs to NOTHING, not even Google Tasks which is a pretty weak app by the way. Task app also does not allow Repeating Tasks and does not allow you to select a time for the alarm. Instead it throws up a pop-up message the first time you use the Pre on the day of the task due date. I started using another app called Done! which only costs about $3 and syncs with a free online tasks manager on a site called Toodledo.com. The Done! app does not have notification options yet but eventually will.

So now I get most of my PIM functionality that I had in my Garnet devices but it still ticks me that I could not seemlessly migrate. I used to have fun seeing how much stuff I could add to my Treo to improve the functionality but I do not have the time for that anymore. I just want it work out of the box.

There is still no DocsToGo product other than the viewer. They blame Palm for not giving the access they need to create a robust editor saying Java does not cut it. Pretty disgraceful how they were touted as a launch partner.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.