Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Will Handspring offer the same $200 dollar discount for previous owners of the visorphone on the Treo CDMA?

It would be nice to be ready with that serial number if they will.
    I think that tgis is unlikely. I suspect that Sprint will be running the CDMA Treo pony show and Handspring will be in the background. I wouldn't be surprised if they do not carry the unit on their site at all.
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Maybe, but Sprint has a history of subsidizing its phones to woo subscribers. It'll be interesting to see how they price the CDMA Treo.
    Sprint has a history of discounting phones to new customers - but they won't discount a penny, on anything, for existing customers. They just don't understand the whole customer retention model. And their customer service... Don't get me started. Still, I'm waiting for CDMA version, as nothing else will work here in OH.

Dunc
    Sprint will often give the discounted price to existing customers if you agree to extend your current annual agreement.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Marty1781
    Sprint will often give the discounted price to existing customers if you agree to extend your current annual agreement.
    Yes, they have done that in the past. I'm hoping they do the same for the Treo as well. $200 dollars in savings is definately worth another 1 year commitment.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Sprint will definitely give you an service credit if you re-up, but typically the time period has grown from one year to two. Also, don't ask the person who wants to sell you the phone for the credit - first tell them you want to talk with customer retention, and only AFTER you have received your service credit, go buy the phone at full price.

Recognize that in this instance they are not discounting the cost of the phone, they are merely trying to save the cost of wooing you back in the future - I know it is the same dollars in your pocket, but for them it is an entirely different component of the business model.
    Originally posted by mattmcg
    Will Handspring offer the same $200 dollar discount for previous owners of the visorphone on the Treo CDMA?

It would be nice to be ready with that serial number if they will.
    How bout credit for VDX users? I cannot get GSM in my area and am waiting with baited breath for the CDMA Treo 270.

In fact, anyone want to buy a kid?

Craig