Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The only choice Handspring gave me was to use Express shipping, which is through Airborne Express I believe.

It was quick the last time I ordered stuff from them, hopefully it'll be just as quick. But with the weekend nearing by, I'll get it on Monday at the earliest.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Originally posted by Stanward
    I got an email from handspring saying they're preparing my order and it's about to ship!

Can't wait to get mine, will most likely get mine later than all of you guys since I'm in Hawaii.

Stan
    I got the confirmation email this evening also.

I called airborne and as of 6:30 pm est no shipments from utah are on the way to me.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Solectron is in Indiana, i was told...
    Originally posted by Felipe

I got the confirmation email this evening also.

I called airborne and as of 6:30 pm est no shipments from utah are on the way to me.

Now let me guess........Handspring will have all of us ppl waiting for the Treo 270 for another 1 1/2 weeks. And their website will still say "Preparing Order" for the entire time.

Stan
    You guessed it Stanward. I ordered a visorphone from Handspring last month and was in "Preparing Order" limbo for 10 days (I cancelled after 5 days and went with the Sprint CDMA version - overnight delivered). It took 5 phone calls before someone would admit the Visorphones were not in stock and they did not know when they were due to get more of them.

Amazingly, when I cancelled my order with Handspring, they told me they were unable to cancel an order once received and that instead I would have to refuse shipping when the order arrived.

What a slipshod operation.

Kupe
    It seems that they have made some changes to their ordering system. Even though my order says "preparing order", I can still cancel it online.

Originally posted by Kupe
    You guessed it Stanward. I ordered a visorphone from Handspring last month and was in "Preparing Order" limbo for 10 days (I cancelled after 5 days and went with the Sprint CDMA version - overnight delivered). It took 5 phone calls before someone would admit the Visorphones were not in stock and they did not know when they were due to get more of them.

Amazingly, when I cancelled my order with Handspring, they told me they were unable to cancel an order once received and that instead I would have to refuse shipping when the order arrived.

What a slipshod operation.

Kupe
    I'm at preparing order as of today, ordered June 2nd. Treo 270 unsubsidized, with Visorphone trade-up offer, standard shipping.

They said standard shipping is Airborne 2-3 day service, which seems express enough for me for free.
    Originally posted by dleclair
    I'm at preparing order as of today, ordered June 2nd. Treo 270 unsubsidized, with Visorphone trade-up offer, standard shipping.

They said standard shipping is Airborne 2-3 day service, which seems express enough for me for free.
    Wow, I had to pay $13.00 for Express shipping to Hawaii, as that was the only option.

stan
    Changed yesterday like everyone else to preparing order with e-mail confirmation during the day yesterday. I ordered a treo with visorphone upgrade without activation with clip on May 28th. I am sure I will be waiting another week.
    Surgdad
    Yea mine says preparing order too. I think they will ship them out toward the end of next week. Luckily I only had my Treo 180 about 25 days when I heard about the 270 so I called and asked if I could send it back and they said sure you have 30 days from the ship date to return it. I ordered my 270 on May 28 around 11am CST.
    Has anybody actually been charged by HS yet?

Not here...

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Looks like the money's gone, but the credit card doesn't show the actual transaction....
  13.    #33  
    Yeah,
    My card was charged yesterday the 6th and a confirmation e-mail was sent confirming service from Cingular! Maybe it went today but they haven't updated the order status yet from "preparing order" to "shipped".
    I hope!!

Greg
    Originally posted by christo1970
    Looks like the money's gone, but the credit card doesn't show the actual transaction....

Christo,

with service or without?

Greg,

when did you place order?
    Felipe
  15.    #35  
    I placed my order as soon as it was posted on HS's web page about 12:30 am on the 28th.

Greg
    HS has now notified me that they have shipped my USB Treo Cradle and car charger but my Treo 270 is still "being prepared". They have gotten an authorization for the entire amount and reduced my available credit but none of the charges has actually been debited.

Guess I'll be able to stare at my new cradle and drive around with my car charger for the next week or ten days while they continue to "prepare" my Treo order.

Why does this company continue to everything possible to irritate their loyal customers? I have purchased 1 Deluxe, 2 Platinums, 1 Prism and many accessories. I have stood at counters in CompUSA and talked strangers into Visors instead of other PDA's.

Apple used to make me feel this frustrated. I was a very early Mac adopter and probably purchased 20 of the boxes from 1984 until 1991. In 1991 I purchased my first DOS based PC because I was so frustrated with Apples lack of sensitivity to its zealous Mac followers. There has been no looking back as I have been responsible for several hundred PC purchases since and none have been from Apple.

Come on Handspring! You know when you are going to actually ship the 270 and i don't mean 2-3 weeks. Just tell us and cut the crap.
    MY CC hasn't been charged, but the money has been put asside. I hope I get it this coming week.
    Felipe
  18. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Felipe
    Does PDA panash make a stylus for the treo. Hmm.
    Nothing yet from PDA Panache or Pentopia... or anyone else that I can think of. Has anyone tried experimenting with other styli? Maybe disassembling and doing a mix-n-match?
    Originally posted by Q

Nothing yet from PDA Panache or Pentopia... or anyone else that I can think of. Has anyone tried experimenting with other styli? Maybe disassembling and doing a mix-n-match?
    Emailed PDA panache, they said:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes, we will be supporting the Handspring Treo with custom stylus upgrades later in the summer.
    Please check our home page later for more news.

Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance at all.

Best regards,

PDA Panache Corp.
    Your Stylus Source
    Felipe
  20.    #40  
    I found this new update on HS's web page in regards to the 270 shipping status.

Handspring is now processing orders for our Treo 270 communicator. We are expecting a 2 -3 week leadtime for orders to deliver, beginning from the date you placed your order. Orders placed the week of May 27 are expected to ship the week of June 10th. Orders placed after June 1 will be shipped in the order in which they were received, with up to a two week delivery time. These are our best estimated ship dates at this time. Given that this is a new product, the dates are subject to change. We will update this section if these schedules change.

Product Name Availability
    Communicators
    Treo 270 In stock—expect delivery in 2-3 weeks (please see note above)
    Treo 180 In stock
    Treo 180g In stock
    Treo 270 & 180 Accessories
    Cases Treo Action Pack Case: Backordered—expected to ship June 13th
    Cables & Chargers In stock
    Styli In stock
    Add ons In stock

Looks like they are on schedule for delivery next week!!! woo hoo!!

Greg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast