1.    #1  
    VSAlerts 1.1 rocks! If you use voicestream, go get it right now

man oh man, I love using SMS on voicestream. Not only can you get all this neato information right away, you can use AIM and send out quick messages. Why oh why are these great little texts so limited in size?

anyway, vsalerts, mad supports.

---

eidt: duh... link: http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=41311
    Yeah, this sounds like a good idea, but what I'm looking for is a service that does the on demand thing without charging me $.2 per! Is there any website that allows people to send e-mails to it with codes that will be responded to with information? It's like a fax back feature, but with short messages.
    I just wanted to say thanks for finding this, it is great (and free)! I remember screwing around with these but it was hard enough to format them right to begin with, let alone remember them. A lot easier than going online for that information, and free too.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Has anyone else found that sports scores are consistently very old and not accurate?
    One of the reviews on palmgear was done by Deetris Rock

Hmmm, wonder who that could be?

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    I'm a little confused here. What exactly does it do? I have voicestream, but my only use of SMS is having emails forwarded to my ***@voicestream.net account, or voicemail notices. I have a feeling I might be missing a huge part of the SMS function, as I have no idea what this VS SMS software does....
    Originally posted by NeoPhyte
    I'm a little confused here. What exactly does it do? I have voicestream, but my only use of SMS is having emails forwarded to my ***@voicestream.net account, or voicemail notices. I have a feeling I might be missing a huge part of the SMS function, as I have no idea what this VS SMS software does....
    "Two way services allow you to request and receive information such as weather forecasts, stock quotes, sport scores, and flight information anytime with just a few key strokes! "

There are "secret" codes you can send via SMS to Voicestream and in a minute, you'll get a SMS message from them with the requested data, like a stock quote.

VSSMS gives you a gui to do this, so you don't have to remember/type/write those codes.
    Jeff
    I like this app, too, but I noticed two annoying things:

1) Even if you have the (real) SMS app's prefs set to *not* save copies of sent messages in Sent folder, using VS SMS saves them there anyway.

2) It's very keyboard unfriendly. That really cuts down on the speed with which I can send info requests. I'm experimenting with using Treo's built-in SMS app in conjunction with Boilerplates to quickly fire off these requests. It's about a tie at this point. If VS SMS had quicker access through keyboard/jog dial, it would be no contest.
    im having trouble too...ide like to get news on the Miami Dolphins, and i send it out, and voice stream responds with "invalid entry". maybe its because its not football season?

havent tried the weather yet because i dont want to burn all 500 of my messages in testing (like thats possible?)

but it seems like a great little program, hopefully it pulls through with my USAirways flight coming up on saturday.
    ????

This thread is ancient....was this really worth reviving it for???
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein