Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I live in Norway and I am thinking about bying a Treo 270, but here in Europe they are way to expencive so I wonder If a kind soul could buy me one in the US and get payed by PayPal?
    Originally posted by Draugen
    I live in Norway and I am thinking about bying a Treo 270, but here in Europe they are way to expencive so I wonder If a kind soul could buy me one in the US and get payed by PayPal?
    Please do not forget that the American version will not be able to operate on 1800 MHz! Depending on your area, this may seriously impact the signal strengh and lead to call drop outs, less standby time or no network coverage at all.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information, I have a Treo 180 that was bought in the US and that one seems to work here in Norway without any problems.
    Great Idea, I think there where several members from Malasia, Korea, Hong-Kong & Singapure ...

There it should be compatible.

p.s. - Have you tried connecting to 1800MHz service?, maybe you have just used the 900MHz.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I do not know if it is possible to connect to 1800MHz, my understanding is that if the 900MHz is overloaded it will switch automaticly to 1800MHz.
    The shop that sell or will sell the Treo 270 here in Norway advertice that it works on 1800MHz.
    Does that mean that they have an European version of the Treo 270??
    Yes, they have a 900/1900 US version and a 900/1800 Euro version.
    I have used my treo 180 900/1900 U.S. unit in Europe, it works fine. It finds the 900 network there with better signal strength than in the U.S. on 1900 If I lived in Europe I would prefer the U.S. version since it works in U.S. and Europe. I think the only place in Europe that there might be a problem would be in the U.K.
    the US version does work in the UK - not with all operators though. Orange for example is 1800 only (in London at least) which was a bummer - cause it offered the cheapest roaming for me.
    Will GPRS be affected by having the other type ?

i.e. - will it be available only on 1900/1800 or also on 900 ?
    What is the price for a Treo 270 In Norway?
    Here in France I got mine for 895 Euros which I think is very expensive.
    in Austria i costs also aroud 900 EUR but itīs hard to get one here! You can not buy it at you Provieder they eaven dont know hat device ("Comunicator? " Yes from Nokia) they say
    Slower than my NR70 was but i love my Treo 270......
    It was the same in France but now we can find it in every big stores and networks. If somebody is interested I may sell mine because my company plans to supply pocket PC to all sales staff in a few weeks (probably after summer holidays).
    It would be a good deal, I got my Treo 270 2 weeks ago, and it is brand new
    So who can I go with in the UK? Going next month and need a provider. I thought you could goo with Orange but not Mercury 1 to 1 (who I think have changed ther name to TMobile now).