Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. glmark's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #1  
    Picked up the Treo 90 this evening at Staples for only $279! Was impressed by the size. It's charging now & should be up and running soon. I was so close to buying the Zaurus until Handspring announced the 90. I'm glad I waited.
  2. #2  
    Let us know what you think. Also How is it outside, how lightwieght is it. Does it feel cheap.Its there alot of ghosting?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  3. #3  
    Also, how is the screen resolution? Easy to read?
  4. #4  
    It's superlight
    It's supersmall
    It's gona take getting used to the keyboard
    It's bright, but not Prism bright
    I already miss the Prism colors
    The type seems smaller than the Prism, but still easy to read
    Decent outdoor viewability
    Stylus is hard to get out
    It's OK, I like it, I need to get back home to transfer data
  5. glmark's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #5  
    I've only had it a few hours but do like it. It is small and light. The keyboard takes a little getting used to, the option key is where I think the shift key should be and it takes 4 keystrokes to get an ampersand & which I used to use a lot. I think the screen is pretty good, the only color screen I've used previously has been a Jornada 680 which seemed brighter, but then again I haven't played with the controls much yet. I do find myself using the stylus quite a bit but have begun to discover shortcuts to moving around without it. Nice stylus, much better than the Visor Deluxe. No complaints yet, I just need to change some old habits.
  6. #6  
    I just got mine on sale at Staples Sunday. Doesn't look cheap. Keyboard isn't too hard to use. I'm replacing a Prism too, and screen isn't quite as bright. It comes with Wordsmith. I know from toggle connectors in past they aren't so durable so will take great care with connections! Does any one know how to get to start screen (with all the icons) without having to use two hands to press two buttons simultaneously? They need to have one button, perhaps that you could hold longer (?2 seconds) to get start screen. Lightness and size is big plus. Also without extra purchase you get flip top that protects screen (Prism didn't come with this. I think change to sd cards was inevitable - look even Sony just announced a smaller memory card (looking towards the future).
  7. #7  
    Love it!

    Tried to order mine through Handspring but was able to get it at Staples quicker and save $20.

    Don't like the way the phone numbers are broke over 2 lines now.

    I also wish the keyboard would illuminate like the 270. It could be tough to enter text in the low light places since the graffiti input is gone.

    Also wish that "page down" would do a "page down" and not scroll through the applications and phone numbers. I'm probably being an ***** here though, and just not doing it right. And what good is scrolling through apps with the flip lid closed if you can't launch them then? Again might be user stupidity.

    So glad I didn't upgrade from the Visor to the Prism a month ago.

    Wish there was an upgrade plan to go from Visor to the 90 like there is for the 180.

    Anyone want a visor cheap?
  8. #8  
    what do you mean by broke down in two lines? can you put up some screen shots... Anybody??
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  9. #9  
    Like this (if the forum puts it right)

    Sterling Peoples
    (919) 570-9300H
    (919) 345-9000M
    Someone Else
    (919) 556-0034H

    etc.
  10. #10  
    It appears that the Treo 90 is using the same address book/phonebook as the Treo 180/270, with the name on one line and the phone numbers below. This is useful for the quick dialing feature of the phones, but not so good if all you need is the address book like you/I were used to on other non-phone Palm OS devices (like my old Platinum). I'm surprised that HS shipped this unit with this version of the Address/phonebook.

    BTW, hold down the Shift key and use the scroll buttons to jump a page at a time (like we were all used to).
  11. #11  
    This contacts is far superior to the one on the Visor series! Who cares about how the names are organized? Type in two letters on the kyeboard and you find the contact that you are looking for. You wanna see the whole contact information (such as address)? Use the scroll button to highlight the name and press Enter ot the Space Bar..Voila!


    Originally posted by jposin
    It appears that the Treo 90 is using the same address book/phonebook as the Treo 180/270, with the name on one line and the phone numbers below. This is useful for the quick dialing feature of the phones, but not so good if all you need is the address book like you/I were used to on other non-phone Palm OS devices (like my old Platinum). I'm surprised that HS shipped this unit with this version of the Address/phonebook.

    BTW, hold down the Shift key and use the scroll buttons to jump a page at a time (like we were all used to).
  12. #12  
    Sounds like a winner to me with address, how is this unit in sun light, how does it compare to the 515... display?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by yardie
    This contacts is far superior to the one on the Visor series! Who cares about how the names are organized? Type in two letters on the kyeboard and you find the contact that you are looking for.
    You can't search by Company in the treo 180. This is a HUGE problem for business people that have 500 names in their address book and they want narrow it down to the 8 people that you contacts for say 3M or something. This needs to be addressed. I love the address book, but this is a huge error.
  14. #14  
    I see where you are coming from. You can do company sorting with third party software like ActionNames though. I think that the address application would ahve been much less effective if they had the company sort option. While it would be OK if you have a few contacts fro a particular company, it would really suck if you have 25 or more contacts from the same company. So you type in "C" for Compaq and you have to scroll and scroll to find just the contact you want. There is no need to do that with first name last name sorting.


    Originally posted by george_vc


    You can't search by Company in the treo 180. This is a HUGE problem for business people that have 500 names in their address book and they want narrow it down to the 8 people that you contacts for say 3M or something. This needs to be addressed. I love the address book, but this is a huge error.
  15. #15  
    what is the difference between the litheom battery revises the plolymer battery of the M515?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  16. #16  
    I caved in and bought one the other day.
    Should be here any day now....
  17. #17  
    let us know what you think.. I went to staples yesterday and was very disappointed. They don't have a working demo. I want to see what this thing looks like before buying one. I guess I will have to wait till best buy or CC has in in stock now. Too bad, 279.00 is a good price. And I wasn't about to test it out for 40 bucks!!
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by tritan
    let us know what you think.. I went to staples yesterday and was very disappointed. They don't have a working demo. I want to see what this thing looks like before buying one. I guess I will have to wait till best buy or CC has in in stock now. Too bad, 279.00 is a good price. And I wasn't about to test it out for 40 bucks!!
    I hate it when they don't have working demos! Those empty shells suck. But anyway, my new treo 90 is great. It has nice color, it's not too big, and I really like it.
  19. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #19  
    Originally posted by Schrader
    I hate it when they don't have working demos! Those empty shells suck.
    They don't even have mock-ups out yet at Staples stores here in the DC area. The only way to get a Treo 90 there right now is to ask an employee to check if that location has them and get one.

    I want to get one, but can't spare the $$$ yet... plus, I want to wait until I've actually seen and played with a live demo.
  20. #20  
    Interestingly if you type in re into address book and person's name actually starts with ri (like riech) you can't simply scroll down to the ri's to find it - unless I'm missing something. It's little annoying
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions