Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by lmpmd
    Interestingly if you type in re into address book and person's name actually starts with ri (like riech) you can't simply scroll down to the ri's to find it - unless I'm missing something. It's little annoying
    Now I am confused. If you type the name as re, it dosn't appear with the ri's because it is locates with the re's. just croll to re's, it should be there.
    All Treos come with a somewhat different address/phone app than the usual Palm OS version. It works by sorting on first initial and first few letters of the last name. If you enter enough info for it to come up with a perfect unique match, you will only see this entry on the screen. If you want to scroll the list, and jump to all names beginning with R, just enter R. You will get a list with everyone with first and/or last names beginning with R. You can then scroll at will. I think the idea is to eliminate scrolling and hunting, and have the Treo go right to the entry. Hope this makes sense. you migth check the manual for info (I know that there was an on-line PDF for the Treo 180, and I bet there is one for the Treo 90 as well).
    Does the 90 have some sort of keyboard light? I use my Prism many times in the middle of night in bed when I remember a note I have to make. I'd hate to have to turn on a light in the bedroom (and incur my wife's wrath) just to jot down a reminder.
    Originally posted by Peddler
    Does the 90 have some sort of keyboard light?
    Regrettably, no.

Originally posted by Peddler
    I'd hate to have to turn on a light in the bedroom (and incur my wife's wrath) just to jot down a reminder.
    I'd love to tell ya the screen light is bright enough to assist with keyboard input, but it tain't so. As for the spouse reality, I"ve got a hook-up with gives me light, while maintaining peace (re hubby ): grabbed a cheap super-small desk light from the dollar store. The light's footprint is comparable in size to the Treo's dimensions; the height of its base is about as tall as the Treo is long; has a silver arm, which can bend in one place to better pinpoint the light's direction; and it's got a 1-2 switch, low or high. The cone surrounding the light is sufficient to channel it in one narrow direction. My description is shaky here, but you'll know it as soon as you see it, honest.

Nice plus = no glare. Negative: it's got one of those funky little bulbs that can be a bear to replace.
    Anyone in the Maryland / DC / VA region seen one in a store yet ?
    I would love to get my hands on a demo unit b4 i buy one.
    Last week I saw a functioning demo unit at the Staples in Burke, VA. (Keene Mill Rd, Rt 644 west) Was satisfied with what I saw and ordered it from Staples on-line store.
    Has anybody cracked open their Treo 90 too see if a do-it-yourself Keyboard light is possible? I'd imagine you could probably wait until OEM Treo parts start shipping at places like www.gethightech.com and then you can just buy the lighted 270 keyboard and swap it...
    Alex.
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by BobK
    Last week I saw a functioning demo unit at the Staples in Burke, VA. (Keene Mill Rd, Rt 644 west) Was satisfied with what I saw and ordered it from Staples on-line store.
    Cool... I'll have to stop in there in the next couple of days. I've seen mock-ups at other Staples locations, but I want to see the actual screen!!!
    Impmd wrote "Does anyone know how to get start screen (with all the icons) without having to use two hands to press two buttons simultaneously?"
    If you go to the "Prefs" icon and select "buttons" you can designate one of the four apps buttons (Datebook, etc.) for applications. I used "Memo" and now can launch the applications screen by pressing it.
  10. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by BobK

If you go to the "Prefs" icon and select "buttons" you can designate one of the four apps buttons (Datebook, etc.) for applications. I used "Memo" and now can launch the applications screen by pressing it.
    Any way (yet) to get more than 4 apps with 1 push of a button? I know I'm going to miss the hack I use on my Vx that launches an app from the contrast button... that'll be one of the few things I'll miss...
    I have a come across a couple hacks that allow you to assign more than one program to each hardware button. DO a search for button or check out palmgear.com's hack section. I use a cool hack called Switcheroo which allow me to launch programs with a couple button presses.

Originally posted by Q

Any way (yet) to get more than 4 apps with 1 push of a button? I know I'm going to miss the hack I use on my Vx that launches an app from the contrast button... that'll be one of the few things I'll miss...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12