1.    #1  
    If you own a 180 with the keyboard, do you use a screen protector?

Which one?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I measured up my screen and trim a regular screen protector to put on it. I have not seen any screen protectors that arfe designed for the Treo's smaller screen yet.
    I use two - one on the outside of the flip, and one on the screen.

www.purplemoo.com - have ones specifically sized for the treo, and they work well for me.

Paul
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Paul Penny

www.purplemoo.com - have ones specifically sized for the treo, and they work well for me.

Paul
    What sizes did you give (assuming they will be the same size for the 270)?

Cost is the same as their other palm products?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Paul Penny
    Why two? What's the benefit of the one on the flip?
    Regarding size - on the purplemoo site you can order specifically for treo. Yes, 270 will use same size as 180.

Regarding why I use one on the flip - it protects the flip window from scratches which will likely occur if you pocket the phone or carry in a holster with the window exposed.

Paul
    Fellowes WriteRight makes screen protectors for the treo series I've seen them at CompUSA.

Greg
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Fellowes WriteRight makes screen protectors for the treo series I've seen them at CompUSA.

Greg
    I saw them at a Best Buy in the middle of nowhere , Iowa (by I-80) about 3 weeks ago. Funny though -- they had a couple Treo accessories but no GSM service! I guess they are hoping for a quick Sprint Treo release...

The two Best Buys here in good ol' Omaha (yeah right) do not have any treo accessories.
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Originally posted by Felipe
    If you own a 180 with the keyboard, do you use a screen protector?
    No way--I used my Palm V for 3 years and never scratched the screen, without protection. With the 180k I hardly ever use the stylus. Don't waste your time & money.
    I use a Palm m130 version with the bottom trimmed
    Hussin
    Malaysia PalmOS User Group
    http://mypug.org
    As I didn't wish to wait for those items to come to my area, and my Visor Deluxe was definately scratched mainly around the Graffity area...

I have just used a Simple normal Transparency Film which was cut roughly to the relevant size +1mm, and did the Job just fine for no real cost.
    Just for information, use thinner transparency as the thicker ones affect the touchscreen. I've used the thicker ones and my touchscreen does not function properly. A cautionary note, make sure there is no dust between the screen and the transparency as I got a scratch from one.

I've also bought those from purplemoo and they are working very well on my treo now. Thanks for the info. btw, I've just pasted one on the flip ;p