1.    #1  
    Hi,

A public beta of Ringo V3 is posted to www.electricpocket.com/products/ringo3.html

Ringo V3 offers:

* Set a personal ringtone for each of your friends
    * Set ringtones for your address book categories [NEW!]
    * Show pictures for each caller or group [NEW!]
    * Compose new ringtones
    * Convert 1000's of free tunes into ringtones
    * Share ringtones with your friends!

Ringo's new picture support shows logos/photos upto 150x80 in size directly on the call alert. Pictures are installed on the Treo with either SplashPhoto or Handspring PhotoAlbum. This works on the T180 (in black and white), but is especially awesome on the T270. The beta comes with some terrible clipart, the full product will come with some better samples - contributions are welcome!

Please send reports/feedback direct to me

Cheers,
    Iain
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am using 'Ringo3 Beta3' and there seems to be a major bug with it. Everytime I receive a call while the lid to the Treo is open, the phone just hangs and I have to do a software reset to make the Treo work again. This does not happen when the lid is closed.
    and every time I got a call from my wife where she works, which has "No Caller ID" displayed (presumably caller id is blocked), Ringo3 crashes my Treo. I have to pin (soft) reset to get it working again. I've since deleted it from my Treo. Please let us know when Ringo is more stable, as I think it's a great idea.

Also, in case no one mentioned it already, the images were horribly dithered and messed up when displayed with an incoming call. Choosing the images they looked great, but when a call came in they're all crappy, even with the black and white images (I have a Treo 180).

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
    If I buy the current version of ringo, do I get a reduced $ upgrade?

I'm interested in getting something a bit more stable than the beta, bu would like the picture option once it is released.

Joshua
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    and every time I got a call from my wife where she works, which has "No Caller ID" displayed (presumably caller id is blocked), Ringo3 crashes my Treo. I have to pin (soft) reset to get it working again. I've since deleted it from my Treo. Please let us know when Ringo is more stable, as I think it's a great idea.

Also, in case no one mentioned it already, the images were horribly dithered and messed up when displayed with an incoming call. Choosing the images they looked great, but when a call came in they're all crappy, even with the black and white images (I have a Treo 180).

-Greg
    Same here...sometimes the crashes were so bad that it blanked my whole treo...but I still think it's a great idea and can't wait for stable release.

AL
    Ditto on the crashing my treo thing.... Had to remove it (gonna go back to the old version)