Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After ten weeks using a 180g I ordered a 270 the same night it was avalaible at european website. I doubted about losing Grafitti...but...

I received the new 270 few hours ago.
    My first impressions: I like more gray plastic colour than blue. The colour screen is great, and the keyboard looks nice. The stylus is different in the edge (better). And I've planned to substitute Graffiti by Jot.
    Post a detailed Review please!

I am surprised that you got it that fast. I wonder why we have to wait 2 - 3 weeks for ours? maybe Handspring justg tell us this so as not to disappoint as they did with the 180 launch.
    Test the unit out in the sun and tell us what you think of the screen. Whats the screen's visibility like?
  4.    #4  
    Indoors the color is bright and clear. Outdoors it lost brightness and contrast, but it's better than Palm 505, the last color device I used.
    You are a lucky man,

I am living in Europe as well and I ordered mine first hours in the morning... but no news yet. I am living in Spain which could be one of the reasons that make the difference.

I have been trying to check the order status but the service is not working last two days!...

Just one question, have you tried the backlight? Is it "usable"?

A longer report w. your first impressions would be great!
  6.    #6  
    Well, I'm living in Barcelona, Spain...
    Sorry by that.
    Backlight is not only usable, it's really good. In my opinion this screen is similar to Palm 130 one.
    So is it relatively easy to view the screen outdoors or is it hard?

Originally posted by Gurringo
    Well, I'm living in Barcelona, Spain...
    Sorry by that.
    Backlight is not only usable, it's really good. In my opinion this screen is similar to Palm 130 one.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi Gurringo,

Just wondering if your order status was ever updated on the HS website, or if they sent a shipping confirmation email?

Enjoy your Treo! Can't wait until mine arrives!
  9.    #9  
    Yes, order status is not working for two days. Last info I had, on tuesday, was "backordered", and I received today, three hours ago.
    Baklight is not wonderful outdoors, but usable.
    Curious if the U.S. shipments are making it to people yet.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    My order status still reads "order recieved" I ordered without a service plan
  12.    #12  
    I've been using my new 270 for some hours.
    I charged all my software and files, and I'm a new man. Finally, after many years, I've the near perfect tool: color PDA and GSM phone (plus e-mail and Internet) all in one.
    The 270 is very well finished. When you starts the phone application, the keyboard is retrolighted, when you switch to another application, the screen has backlight and the keyboard dims.
    The color screen is a big, big improvement over 180g I've been using for last two or three months. And the 270 it seems faster than 180 (maybe the screen response?).
    I've been loyal to Graffitti for many years, but in only one hour I forget it. With the keyboard and Jot application, no problem.

The color screen is a big, big improvement over 180g I've been using for last two or three months. And the 270 it seems faster than 180 (maybe the screen response?).
    The prism also had fast screen response compared to 180. I am glad to hear that the 270 seems faster than the 180. If so, it's probably the graphics controller. How does the screen look compared to a TFT type of display. Is it bright and brilliant worth noting?
  14.    #14  
    About the 270 screen. IMO is correct outdoors, not fabulous but correct. And very good indoors. You can activate and desactivate backlite easily, and you can control brightness and contrast, very easy also.
    great feedback, thanx!

Two more questions:

1) Does it feel any heavier or larger?

2) Are there fewer crashes?

3) Can you notic an improvement in battery life as they assert?
  16. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    The stylus is different in the edge (better).
    Huh? THis is confusing--how is the 270 stylus better? How interchangeable are the styli? (I've only seen one listing for the Treo stylus, making it look like all the models use the same one.)
    Actually the Treo 90 Stylus (I have seen it) has a slightly different stylus from the Treo 180. The Stylus has a fine tip at the end like the Edge stylus. The difference is that this tip will not fall out like the Edge. I suspect that the stylus that is shipped with the Treo 270 is the same. But I haven't seen this model yet.

Originally posted by Q

Huh? THis is confusing--how is the 270 stylus better? How interchangeable are the styli? (I've only seen one listing for the Treo stylus, making it look like all the models use the same one.)
    yardie - where did you see the 90?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I believe the model I saw is a pre-production one. They are not in retail yet. There is a nice review of the Treo 90 here: http://www.pencomputing.com/palm/Pen45a/treo90.html
    I got my Treo 270 late last evening! Am I the second person who got it? I ordered it as soon as it got released (late monday evening). Talk about fast delivery!

As I hadn't seen a Treo in real life before, I was shocked of (in a good way) how small it was. I instantly fell in love with it. I've previously had (still have, actually) Palm 3xe, Vx and m505, and I have to say that Treo kicks their asses big time.

The screen is very bright, though it is somewhat hard to read in direct sunlight (colors are so washed out). Oh, and the backlighted keyboard is great.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test the phone portion yet, because my SIM card is an old 5 volt version.. I'm rushing to a phone shop as soon as they open to change it to a new 3 volt version.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast