1.    #1  
    The New York Times has reviewed the Treo 270 (and the Nokia 9290). Although the review is generally positive, I find the following most interesting:

New York Times: "outside, the screen washes out badly"
    Handspring "The Handspring Treo 270 screen is viewable outdoors as well as indoors, and its brightness is comparable to color screens of other communicator products."

New York Times: "After spending 12 minutes desperately trying to download Amazon's home-page graphics, the Treo gave up. Whoever named its built-in Web browser Blazer clearly had a devilish sense of humor.)"
    Handspring: "People can view the first screen of virtually any Web page in five seconds or less with built-in content streaming and progressing rendering."

So, who's right -- The New York Times or Handspring?
    Well its hard to say who is right when we have yet to receive our own Treo 270s. My understanding is that the Treo 270 is not as bright outdoors as indoors. This may be why the reviewer say that is washed out. That being said, you should be able to see the display outdoors (unlike the Visor Prism).

Don't expect to surf every site on the 'net with Blazer. There are still a lot of things that the browser does not support such as javascript and java. I am not surprised that the browser has a hard time with Amazon. The site is designed for desktop computers and have design elements that a puny Palm OS browser cannot process. Blazer and the other new browsers out there are still a s big stepup from the text only surf options we had for a palm a few short years ago.
    12 minutes. Wow.

I just tried to go to amazon with the prism, VP, and blazer. it took about 5 minutes to load the whole page, and it had to make the connection first.

BTW, http://www.amazon.com/pocketpc?tag=webosnation0e-20 is the way to get to amazon with a pda.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    DougI wrote:
    So, who's right -- The New York Times or Handspring?

Whoever makes no money off the product in question
    Originally posted by Felipe
    12 minutes. Wow.

I just tried to go to amazon with the prism, VP, and blazer. it took about 5 minutes to load the whole page, and it had to make the connection first.

BTW, http://www.amazon.com/pocketpc?tag=webosnation0e-20 is the way to get to amazon with a pda.
    I also just tried to go to Amazon with my Treo 180g and had a similar experience. Getting all the graphics on the main page took four minutes, not counting the connection time. But www.amazon.com/pocketpc only took a few seconds to load.