1.    #1  
    I called Handspring and asked them if I could get a $200 discount on a 270 because I have purchased a 180, like they do with Visorphone owners. The lady who answered said that there is no such program at this time but that they are logging such calls to determine whether they should offer a deal to Treo 180 owners.

Need I say more? If you own a 180 and you're drooling over the pictures of the 270, run (don't walk) to your nearest phone and call Handspring sales and ask for a deal. Their number in the US is 888-565-9393.

I thought my 180 was the coolest gadget until the 270 reared it's head... Looking at the pics on the HS website, next to the 270, the 180 looks like it has been rolling in a big pile of soot just before the picture was taken
    I made the call. The rep said there's nothing currently offered, but that it's being discussed. When I pressed her for details, she backed off and gave the corporate line - "our promotions change weekly and you should check our web site often." Seems like there's definitely talk of this going on.
    Just got off the line with a very nice gal that said as far as she knows, it has been decided against and that the decision was made a couple of weeks ago. I alluded to the discussion here without getting obvious and she said that she would be happy to log the call because they are still doing that.

My 2 pennys...

Sounds like there is still a chance but probably slim. I'm not waiting! It's been on order since the 28th. On a bright note she mentioned that they are shipping in the US already.

Kinda wish I hadn't of heard about the one delivered in Spain... just makes it a longer wait

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Made the call. She said she would log it and send it upstairs.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Veloslave,

I feel like a kid a few days before x-mas, waiting for my presents under the tree!!! Just out of curiosity what is your order status at HandSpring? I also ordered on the 28th and my status is "ordered recieved"....
    Handspring outsources its support center, so anything you hear over the phone is likely to be disconnected from what corporate Handspring is thinking. I say everyone keeps calling and then it will make its way back to HS corporate and hopefully spur them to move on an upgrade path!
    Originally posted by jackson40
    Veloslave,

I feel like a kid a few days before x-mas, waiting for my presents under the tree!!! Just out of curiosity what is your order status at HandSpring? I also ordered on the 28th and my status is "ordered recieved"....
    I can NOT beat that unfortunatley, same here.

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
  8.    #8  
    I think some patience will pay off. I have a feeling that we will get some deal from HS sooner or later, even if it's only $100 off for previous HS owners. But my wishful thinking says that 180 owners will get a similar type of deal to what the Visorphone owners are getting.

My 180 is still hot in the eyes of normal people (i.e., non gadget freaks). So although it's agonizing to wait to have a 270 of my own, I think I'll wait a bit so that I wouldn't pay $700 (very steep!).