1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if Handspring will eventually add an expansion slot to the Treo 270. I wouldn't want to get the unit and then by Christmas find out that they now have an expandable model available. Has anyone heard anything? If not, let's keep our eyes and ears open. Thanks.
    I doubt they will. The trend is towards smaller (see the Treo 90), and expansion ports make PDAs larger.
    Jeff
    I think the only expansion option that you will ever see on a Treo is a SD/MMC slot. Perhaps some company can decide in the future to add something that connects to the port at the bottom of the unit. I believe a company is already doing this with the Palm UNiversal Connector on the latest Palm units.
    I think that expandability is something HS should really try to add in the future. We don't need Springboard, but fully functional SD would be great! I know that technically this is a tough one given the small size of the Treo (maybe there are also some RF issues given it is a phone too), but the ability to backup and add memory would rock! Backup/restore is also relatively important for IT managers. Getting bluetooth to work would be nice also (I wonder what the real story is on that one with the Treo 90? I know they say a software upgrade will fix it, but I thought all of that was built into OS4..?)
    I have a simple answer to this one.

YES!

If you buy a 270 will it happen sooner then you want?

YES!

Seriously, sooner or later they will have one available because people like me want the 270 WITH bluetooth, 320 x 320, 32bit color, some form of universal exspansion, a replaceable battery THAT lasts longer, MORE memory and a FASTER processor.

How will they do it? The same way they went from two years ago to now... technoligy marching happily along and looking for the next paycheck.

For us tech geeks... you gotta love it!!!

This life is a short one, enjoy it with all the upgrades possible while you are here. But seek ye first the kingdom of GOD and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you! Matt 6:23

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Veloslave,

Whatsup with all your preaching lately? Have you seen the "light"? I dont mind it, I am just curious.

Originally posted by Veloslave
    I have a simple answer to this one.

This life is a short one, enjoy it with all the upgrades possible while you are here. But seek ye first the kingdom of GOD and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you! Matt 6:23

Rod
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, I was thinking about the SD/MMC card slot. Being able to backup and add memory are great features...and besides the cards are so small anyway it would be cool.
    I for one would love any expansion slot (SD, Smart media, etc..)

But, for some reason (I'm guessing form factor limitations) HS decided to not include it in the Treo 270. Guess they replaced the phone parts in the 90 with the SD technology?

Anyway, here's a quote from HS's FAQ on the 270:

"Q.Does Treo 270 include SD, like Treo 90? Why not?
    A. Treo 270 does not include an SD expansion slot. Our Treo communicators already include many of the features typically associated with expansion, such as wireless capabilities and larger base memory. We do have a full family of expandable Visor organizers and Treo 90 for those who want expansion in a compact form factor."

Hmmm.. If I get both a 270 and 90 wouldn't that get confusing?