1.    #1  
    I wonder if we can still use the third-party enhancements to write graffiti on-screen? Since graffitti support is a PalmOS base feature my first guess is yes.
    I wonder if JOT will fill the bill on that (check out http://www.cic.com/products/jot/ ).

Kupe
    I don't think that JOT will do the job for those of us that are used to graffti.

I wouldn't think about this or the 270 without the ability to enter graffti, I just don't like *small* keyboards.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    If you go to Handspring's FAQs, they say that any Treo can use programs like Jot or RecoEcho to write on the screen. According to some posters on PalmInfocenter, there are issues with OS 4.1, but if so, I for one hope they get resolved quickly! Handspring also referred to a specific version of RecoEcho, but I don't remember the number--maybe that one doesn't have a conflict.
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Found it--it's RecoEcho1.1 in the FAQ.
  6. wyn
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i contacted the company who makes jot and recoecho and they said jot will work but is not graffiti based, and recoecho is graffiti based but will not work without an input window, which the treo 90 does not have. you supposed to be able to train jot to work like graffiti so that is what they recommended for now.
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by wyn
    recoecho is graffiti based but will not work without an input window, which the treo 90 does not have
    Yet Handspring's recommending it... hmmm...

Anyone with a Treo 90 tried it?
    Originally posted by Q

Yet Handspring's recommending it... hmmm...

Anyone with a Treo 90 tried it?
    it works with the 270
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Felipe
    it works with the 270
    People have cited conflicts on the 90 because it has OS 4.1...
  10. wyn
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i emailed the company again and they clarified that recoecho should work on a keyboard only treo but you cannot execute the special characters without an input window. still, jot seems to be the better alternative... though more expensive too.
    so what's the verdict? any T90 users out there successfully using RecoEcho or Jot?

I wanna buy the T90 for the girlfriend but she insists she can't give up graffiti....
    I installed a trial version of Jot last week and was so impressed with the results that I registered it today! I have not used rechoecho and don't see any compelling reason to try. I would, however, suggest that anyone considering Jot try the trial version first. It is a bit of a strange user experiecne because there is no graffiti window to write in. I will try to explain how this works.

1) Jot gives you the option of using Graffiti or Jot. Jot seems to be a hand writting recogniton program, however, I have not really used it so cannot comment on how effective it is. I am using the Graffiti option exclusively and it works great.

2) Once installed, open the Jot program and you will see the "Welcome to Jot" screen. The screen gives you the following options:
    __ Enable Jot
    __ Jot __ Graffiti
    __ Write on screen
    __ Show mode mark
    __ Show ink when writing:
    __ on screen
    __ input box
    Ink width: Thin Thick

Basically I have found that the entire screen seems to act as the input box with the right side used for numbers and the left for text. Caps work the same way that they do with traditional graffiti. I have not found an effective way of entering periods, commas, back slashes etc. but using the keyboard for puncuation has not proved to be a problem. I will continue to play with the program and will post any problems etc.

Hope this helps...
    I tried the RecoEcho demo this morning and it works as well as Jot, minus the option of using the Jot handwriting recognition. It is also much cheaper, ($10.00 opposed to $40.00). As with Jot, I cannot figure out how to use the punctuation function. If anyone else trys these programs and can figure out periods, commas etc., please let us know how. Everthing else about RecoEcho works perfectly! In my opinion an extra $10.00 to have the option of both the keyboard and graffiti is well worth the investment.
    the earlier versions of NewPen had problems, but this one has been great. it gives the user a quick toggle option for enabling the graffiti feature. this allows you to select when you want to select and type when you want to type. this also means you can do punctuation on-screen. awesome. . .

numbers also work great!
    Agreed on the New Pen product. Best of all.. it's free! Search for it at palmgear.com.