1.    #1  
    Now that the GSM 270 is out, is there a more specific rumor on a ship date for the Sprint PCS version of the 270?
    I'm checking the Sprint PCS site every day, and nothing so far. Walt Mossberg said, "in a few weeks" last week on the CDMA version, and he was dead on about the GSM version being "next week." Sprint is timing it with with CDMA 1x rollout, and unlike Handspring, they don't have to wait for the other shoe to fall. They're responsible for the product and the service. No doubt Sprint intends the 270 to be their flagship 1x product.

But I'm hoping against hope that it's a matter of days, not weeks. Sprint's offering a $70 rebate on phones purchares on or before June 2.
    Originally posted by snackdog
    Now that the GSM 270 is out, is there a more specific rumor on a ship date for the Sprint PCS version of the 270?

I'm thinking june 3rd.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    A new CNET News.com article says that Sprint's CDMA 1xRTT network won't be running until August. Do you think that means the CDMA version of the Treo (or, at least, a fully functioning CDMA version of the Treo, with always-on e-mail) won't be available until then?
  5.    #5  
    Well, Handspring has been saying Summer for the CDMA version and maybe it makes sense from a sales point of view to not release the CDMA version right away anyway. I guess August is okay for me since my VoiceStream contract for my VisorPhone isn't up until November!
    On point ... I purchase 2 new TP-5250 phones for Sprint at the beginning of April. The back of those phones, says, and I quote:
    "QUALCOMM 3G CDMA". Is that to imply that Sprint is currently using 3G CDMA or that that phone is compatable with 3G CDMA.

I'll gladly surrender it for the new TREO.

Gary
    ...That the Sprint launch has been delayed from early July until August 11th. My suspicion is that a “3G” Treo is not worth selling until the network launches. My bet is that it launches on the same day as Sprint’s 1xRTT network. Anyone else hear this too?
  8.    #8  
    Though I understand Sprint 3G network is backward compatible so the CDMA Treo would work on the existing network, which might prompt them to sell early?
  9.    #9  
    It's June 3 -- I assume it didn't come out today?
    Originally posted by snackdog
    It's June 3 -- I assume it didn't come out today?
    I think Felipe was being sarcastic when he said June 3rd... the previous poster mentioned that Sprint had a $70 promotion until June 2nd and he hoped that the Sprint Treo would come out before then so that he could take advantage of it. I'm pretty sure he was just joking about June 3rd.
    Originally posted by uncledrunkle

I think Felipe was being sarcastic when he said June 3rd... the previous poster mentioned that Sprint had a $70 promotion until June 2nd and he hoped that the Sprint Treo would come out before then so that he could take advantage of it. I'm pretty sure he was just joking about June 3rd.
    Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I'm sorry for any confusion it may have caused.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  12.    #12  
    I was just hoping it might be true...
  13.    #13  
    I found this article on PalmInfoCenter that suggests the end of the June for the ship date for the CDMA Treo:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=3338
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Yes, but that story was posted APRIL 19TH! Kinda old news, don't you think?
  15.    #15  
    It corroborates the Mossberg story. Got anything newer?
    I visited the downtown Seattle Sprint store today and the guy I talked to said that they were told to expect six new phones at the end of July AND that the 3G network goes live at the beginning of August.

While the guy didn't come out and tell me the Treo would be available then, all signs point in that direction.